MTV's Awkward

EricMontreal22

• Members

Anyone else watching? A friend had to convince me to get into it, and while it's exceedingly derivative of Easy A (hey, they could do worse), I'm completely hooked. Very clever writing, and it plays into many of the kids/sex/booze stereotypes but has a surprising amount of heart and sublety to it as well.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

LOL yet you're on a soap forum? ;)

But yeah, it's great, and I'm glad it's doing so well. I've managed to hook a number of people who hear about it, but have no interest in another high school show until they watch a few minutes. (although, I hate how MTV shows at the bottom of the screen the song name and artist whenever music plays... It seems less annoying with their reality shows, probably because I barely pay attention if I happen to be watching one).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That finale was excellent as was the season as a whole. I'm pleased that MTV realized it struck gold with the show and is bringing it back for another season. I hope there aren't any cast shakeups..and I still want the plot with the guy obsessed with Jenna to develop more.

Archived