Recurring Actress return (YR)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not an Eden fan but I don't think shes a horrible actress. What she is is miscast. And when roles get recast they change the writing all the time to suit the replacement's strengths. And to me there is nothing wrong with that. The problem with this is that Heather is now so so different than she ever was its too glaring. Plus IMO the real problem is Eden, while pretty, has absolutely no sex appeal and has no chemistry with anyone on Y&R. She just doesn't fit. I feel the same way in some sense about Maura West but at least while she hasn't gelled and doesn't fit as Diane, her acting level is on par with the people she's worked with. Can't say the same for ER.

• Members

I think Eden's acting is about on par with her co-stars - not Tricia Cast, but Driscoll, Branson, and Hendrickson. It's just the character. Heather is a non-character, and the stories they have given her have been laughably bad. It's obvious they cast her only to reunite her with a few AMC co-stars and not because they had any ideas in mind for her. So you get Paul barely in her life, while she takes off her top to make snow angels.

Archived