B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Hi guys. Have Videoland made an error labelling episodes? They’re saying episode 2305 is the first episode of Season 11, but this episode aired on 4 June 1996 (CBS). A season premiere date in June seems incorrect?

On VL, Season 10 is labelled 2240-2304 (65 episodes), not the usual ~250 eps per season. I assume a mistake? 2240 aired 1 March 1996 (CBS).

It got me thinking though, does anyone know which season/year they changed the season premiere date from March to September? The change-a-roo surely meant one season in particular had more than usual ~250 episodes because the season ran from March-September (the following year)? 

Thanks in advance

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by boldau

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Videoland has made such errors before. 

As for your "seasons" question: the official YouTube started labelling Fall seasons with 1996-1997 beginning in September 1996. However, those who remember the old cbs.com with tons of recaps and other stuff will remember that the website used Spring seasons decades longer. IMO; they started in 2011 (?) when the show went to HD and CBS switches to Fall renewals of its daytime shows.

This also happened before. Suddenly, they remove a lot of content... Therefore we cannot thank our gracious uploaders to the Vault enough - this is a dream come true!

• Members

I love the early 2000s era of B&B and was checking the ratings wondering how they did after Brad did that overhaul in ‘03 and it does look like he ranked the show. I’m aware a lot of soaps had steep losses that year but the show was pulling consistently above a 3.5 in the ratings and by the end of the year and especially into 2004, barely a 3.0. 

I really wonder if something happened behind the scenes that led to this as it is absolutely bonkers, the show was on a such a high and then giving nothing but the most random casting and plots. 

Two big misses later on were Y&R botching Deacon’s return in concern to Amber and Daniel, they could have been great, but I loved Deacon and Nikki down the line and wasting Amber’s return in 2010. Amber/Rick/Maya should have been frontburner, especially once Maya was exposed as transgender. That could and should have been years of story. 

• Members

After finishing up Catalina and ’93, I’ve just been mostly skimming through ’94… nothing interests me except for Sheila, and even Sheila’s story of trying to get pregnant to secure a piece of the Forrester fortune is pretty generic and underwhelming. Dear god, Jessica has consumed the entire show.

But coming across 1880, I had to stop and watch the whole thing! What a treat to have the entire original Logan family back. I’m sure KKL must have been thrilled. It makes the wedding feel like an event.  

Sheila, of all people, hosting the wedding party was fun. She is watching Beth like a hawk. Loved big brother Stormy looking out for his sis. 
The throwaway line that Felicia is in Africa doing volunteer work seems random…? Unless that was a character trait of hers that I’m forgetting?

Meanwhile Taylor has discovered her past but is helpless to escape her fate! I know the Princess story is overall a bust, but this here is a classic soap cliffhanger moment.

Knowing the Bridge wedding was approaching, I was worried that it would seem too rushed and ridiculous. But it makes sense that Ridge is trying to move past his grief to reunite with his other love and the mother of his daughter… and also the threat of James marrying Brooke accelerated things.

• Members

Zach is mentioned about 3-4 times after his departure in 1992. A couple of times when Jack suffers his heart attack and Taylor is still considered "dead" (referenced by Stephanie and others...) and in 1997 when Felicia returns to town, the breakup from Zach is mentioned. And I could swear that when Taylor returns from the dead in 2005, Jack quickly drops a line about Zach. But I could be wrong on this one.