Single Ladies

Money

• Members

Besides the poor editing and terrible writing, I cannot put my mind on pause long enough to ignore another scene about the childhood friendship. Seriously old Keisha needed to sneak out to see LL Cool J. Isn't she older than he? I don't know who's telling them that LisaRaye looks 30 but that takes suspending reality to a whole other level.

The whole scene with Raquel trying to sell Eve on her business skills is awful. Those little kids running the business in that commercial are more convincing. If you're willing to risk all your money, stranger that I don't know, then hugs because that makes you a legitimate business partner. D.B. Woodside seems to be the only one with any real acting skills.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched for the first time yesterday (for more than 2 minutes) and I'm absolutely traumatized! To put LisaRaye and Denise Vasi on the same show, in scenes together while speaking? There has to be a law out there somewhere. There just has to be.

The writing and acting makes this one of the worst shows Ive ever seen! Not sure I'm gonna be able to watch VR even for a few eppies. Shame on QL for executive producing such trash! Bad script + atrocious acting? Sigh...

ANDREA

• Members

Oh god, I hate Raquel's STANK mother. I want that bitch to trip and fall down.

I also dont like Malcolm and think the show should have just gotten rid of him.

So Omar adopted a dog? I thought it was a real baby. That makes me feel much better now

The girls looking at April's vajayjay was dumb

• Members

I actually agree about Malcolm. D.B. Woodside does a good job portraying him, imo, but he's controlling without cause. All the characters are caricatures anyway and since the writing and LisaRaye's acting won't support bringing real depth and vulnerability to her character, there is no point in forcing any sort of genuine relationship. They can just keep rotating in good looking guys to keep up the facade of men fighting over her like she's the last bottle of beer left in the refrigerator.

Add in Omar looking at April as well. Dumb is what they do to perfection though. A man walks in and looks at Raquel (I really thought he was looking at Omar so they totally blew that) and she has no problem going to his studio because strangers cannot have bad intentions or she's just the epitome of stupid. What would have made that more interesting is if he'd turned out to be some sort of psycho or she'd sat down and fantasized about his being an ax murderer which caused her to bolt from the studio.

They should turn the shop into a studio and they can have the celebrities popping in and out for photo shoots instead of pretending they have the trendiest clothing shop ever. This way they can also avoid the pain of having to try to create any type of plot at all since they can have all the hot bodies posing while they ogle, "ooh" and "aah," have their quickies and move on to the next shoot.

• Members

They really made a storyline all about April's amazing vagina...LOL. Sorta funny but awful.

Raquel is a ho! She couldn't wait to pork her ex-bf from when she was a teen. How does she know where he's been all this time?!

Raquel's mother - what a HORRIBLE story arc. The writing was predictable/basic and they needed to hire a better Actress! That woman just played a dull, one flavor bitch. She was not enjoyable to watch!

I'm enjoying Terrell Tilford as Sean!

I'm glad they brought in someone to help that poor, misguided girl who edited last weeks episode. At least that's the suspicion I have based on the credits. This episode was MUCH better edited w/two editors IMO!

• Members

Im watching right now and I can totally relate to April not being able to go to sleep bc people next door are having sex, but in my case it was the person that lived above me. That is HIGHLY annoying. LMAO at her getting her vibrator to go with the flow

Its too bad her doctor man didnt work out bc man was FIIIIIINE!

Lisa Raye is just pitiful

• Members

"You went after a good married black man. Who's next on your list? President Obama?"

OMG that woman was TOO much. I thought Raquel's mama was stank but this one takes the cake!

I dont like Malcolm's new gf, Taylor. She's so transparent. I do appreciate how she gets under Keshia's skin though

• Members

Since I am okay with watching bad TV, I decided what's a few more brain cells.

This show has lost its center whcih was provided by Val. Raquel is Val 2.0 without the center.

What Val did was provide a modicum of maturity and she connected the other two characters.

Keisha is not a good connecting character. Any possibility of her being one was lost when they insisted on making her Raquel's way too old, childhood friend. Why go from bad to worse?

They should have made Raquel one of Val's relatives who happened to know both April and Keisha and left it at that. This would explain her moving in and they could have had her look after the store on Val's behalf.

Whoever thought Romeo and Raquel was a great idea should say "just say no" to whatever it is they're sniffing. That was a super yuck fest.

They should actually think of hiring a real writer who thinks beyond the gloss for at least one episode. Why would a politician who is worried about his image show up at a nightclub? Then when the silliest suffle ever (Romeo is 12 blah blah and needs to show his i.d. again to get a drink) breaks out, the politician says he needs to leave because it's not good for his image. Yet, look again, He's still in the club.

Malcolm and Keisha, it's over again....uhm yawn.

Did wee l'il Romeo say he has a "mature palette?"

Is this show lifestyles of the pretentious people?

April is actually a workable character. Raquel is apparently hormone driven. Keisha is angry and classless. All three are insecure.

They're not even attempting to be any version of a show about friends who encourage each other.

They should just embrace how truly bad this is. The guest stars just highlight the lack of stability.

• Members

and to think she's been playing this role her entire life....herself

2r4n3v5.gif

I'll be an unpopular opinion and say Denise Vasi has surprisingly been one of the better things of this season. Im actually enjoying Raquel and think she's been a breath of fresh air. Too bad Val is gone, bc Id love to have seen them interact. She as Val's little sister or cousin who is like a sister would have worked quite well. I think this role is a much better fit for her than Randi. i never could see her as this tough hooker from the streets. She looked more like a debutante from a wealthy family and thats what she is here. LMAO at her skating and falling down

April's gotten a bit boring. They really need to do something with her.

LisaRaye Keesha on Taylor: "Dont tell me she came all the way to my backyard to play bitch"

• Members

They have plenty of opportunities to have these characters have real heart to heart talks that would reveal more about themselves and it's wasted on the superficial. I'm not saying that they need to get too deep but I cannot imagine being given the opportunity to write a show like this and wasting it. I know it's not masquerading as true drama but you can learn more about the characters in a single episode of Rizzoli and Isles and in a handful of episodes the most insight they've given into Keisha's character is that she grew up in Inglewood, sneaking around to concerts, with a friend that should have been her running mate's younger sister.

There's something about the way LisaRaye, Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce speak that screams money cannot buy you class.

As soon as LisaRaye opens her mouth, her speech betrays her.

Archived