TV Land Awards

Soapsuds

• Members

The TV Icon thing for Hall and Oates was so ridiculous. And they drained any life out of Rich Girl. Aside from some of the camera whore "reality" stars, a lot of the audience seemed too bewildered to dance around to that mess.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see going from MTM to FOL as a steep drop. They were given different awards and honored for different reasons -- MTM for being groundbreaking and FOL for being a pop culture favorite. I think both were very appropriate for each show.

They should just make it a thing where they honor four or five shows a year and leave it at that. I liked the original set-up with the fan-voted TV dinner awards, but most stars weren't gonna show up for that, and once you realized that only the winners were invited anyway, it took away a lot of the suspense. I like the set-up they have now better, though, where it's less about who's going to win and more about bestowing honor.

• Members

Yes, very well put. Frankly, a lot of these people are too old and too out of the limelight (a very kind way of putting it) to be getting nominated for someting and losing. It's just not very nice at this point. This is one genre where I'm down with the controversial practice of "every kid gets an award, even the losers."

Carl, I was thinking about Alien Nation a few monts back when I think it may have even been AMS talking about new and interesting spins on the traditional soap. I was so intrigued by Alien Nation back in the day, I don't have a lot of memories beyond the whole getting drunk on sour milk and having sex by humming (with an h!) all over your partner's body, but if somebody brilliant could do it justice, that's one show that might be a good pick for a revival.

Do you remember the FOL episode when all of the old girls (I think save for Molly, and they may have even made a joke) came back and Jo felt left out?

Oh wow, Mallory's bf Nick ("Ay."), I forgot about him.

I agree that the Housewives added nothing and I was annoyed every time the camera cut to them. Even if they were the only ones gettin' down.

Before I even knew Horshack or who Ron Palillo was for that matter, I knew him for his starring role as Rubik:

And yes, that's Menudo featuring Ricky Martin singing the theme.

• Members

They had a few Alien Nation TV movies but I don't know what a remake would be like these days. It would probably be on Syfy and have a bunch of half-asleep underwear models staring ponderously in bad lighting, like every Syfy show. I mostly remember the show for the theme song.

They did have that FoL episode where most of the original girls returned (I think they joked that Molly was in Hollywood or something). That's why I was hoping they might again.

Did you know Ron Pallilo was on OLTL briefly? He's interviewed in one of those Episodes issues.

• Members

Yes, a great theme song, and then it breaks and the Mick Jagger-looking lead guy screams and beats the steering wheel. :lol: Oh, and the men carried the babies and that creepy little Alien baby puppet, yikes...

I don't think I knew that about Ron on OLTL, who did he play?

Archived