A Big Thank You to everyone

edgeofnight

• Members

I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone out there. The date for my 11th abdominal surgery (in 10 years) has been set for May 6. It has been a long and painful road for me, but, hopefully, this surgery, and the one that follows, will be my last. The 12th one will be to relieve the compression on my spinal chord, to prevent me from becoming paralyzed.

Of course, sadly, it means that I won't be able to attend this year's American Popular Culture Association's annual conference in San Antonio in mid-April. At that time, I will be undergoing all those god-awful pe-op tests.

It has been an experience, to say the least. I could, probably, write a book about all my medical drama, not the least was, having to actually go through hoops to get my surgery approved by the insurance company. Thankfully, my congresswoman and my state assemblywoman both interceded on my behalf. You've never seen that on a soap opera...having to wait for medical insurance approval.

I am, also, suing for medical malpractice for (what should have been the simplest procedure) -- an appendectomy that went horribly wrong four years ago. It has neve healed, and I had to have 6 additional surgeries over the course of two years.

In any event, I want to thank everyone for their good wishes. I'll probably still be in the hospital when the Daytime Emmy nominations are announced (on May 11).

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really hope everything works out for you. I can't imagine how all this has been - everyone has their own story of this kind or knows someone who has, but it's not the same as a direct experience. I'm sure it's been a real ordeal yet you have a lot of spirit and have contributed a lot, here and elsewhere. I hope everything will be good going forward.

Archived