Surgery

edgeofnight

• Members

Hello. I was 'out of touch' for the last several days, as I was having a MAJOR problem with my e-mail address. I wanted to elt you know that I will be having another operation. This will be my 11th abdominal sugery in 10 years, my 8th within the past 3 years. I had a consultation with the surgeon last Wednesday. He will be assisted in the procedure with a plastic surgeon. it is a very complicated abdominal hernia procedure. I am due to see the plastic surgeon on March 10, after which they will (hopefully) schedule my procedure.

After recuperation from this operation, I will return to my neurosurgeon to address the issue of the compression on my spinal chord.

All of you have been so kind and understanding of my medical situation and I wanted to let you know what was happening.

I had the opportunity of speaking to Donald may (Adam Drake, The Edge of Night 1967-77) on the telephone last Friday. Today, it is hard to believe, he turns 82 years old. Happy Birthday, Donald!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dagne Crane may assume a role that she has done before, being my chauffeur on my admittance and discharge from the hospital. Dagne, as you may recall, played Sandy, the second Mrs. Bob Hughes on ATWT from 1965-71. During my last surgery, as I was being wheeled into the operating room, Dagne and my wife were following me and wishing me well. The older nurses on staff recognized Dagne and started asking her questions about her time on the show. Once I was in the OR, they all ganged up on me and asked, 'How did you ever meet and become friends with her?' So, I had to explain that some 28 years ago, when I was in our local emergency room, Dagne was serving as a paramedic, and when I regained consciousness, that beautiful face was looking down on me. Ever since then, we've been friends. I am truly blessed to have her in my life. She does more for my wife and me than my aunt, who also lives locally.

• Members

That's fascinating. I haven't seen any of Dagne's era of ATWT but the photos I've seen of her are beautiful, and she is clearly beautiful on the inside too. And to go on helping others throughout her career.

I am going to put up some Edge or ATWT stuff soon so if there's anything you particularly would like to see, let me know.

Archived