DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

There are a fair amount of Jarlena fans who have very fond memories of the OG cop & the doc & Wayne, etc. & its not strange at all for them to meet in cyberspace & relate & remember etc. And then there are Roman fans like me who hold John Black up as the Best Father in all of daytime which began when he was the single parent to 3 children - the twins who biologically belonged to Roman & Marlena and Carrie whose bio-parents were Roman & Anna. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Right?  I think there is a weird notion that if you are a John/Marlena fan you have to hate Roman.  I don't at all.  I definitely have some issues with him post return, but I actually think John/Marlena and Roman/Marlena are two different types of pairings.  Even RoJohn/Marlena had a very different feel than OGRoman/Marlena.  

John/Marlena are much more tortured and romantic.  They have a much more passionate chemistry.

Roman/Marlena are a lot more lighthearted to me and Wayne injects a lot of humor.  Even with all the retcons and returns they have a lightness and ease to them that John/Marlena lack sometimes.  

I don't know I might be weird. I liked Brenda/Jax* in the Sonny/Brenda/Jax triangle too even if I am a diehard S&B girl.  

*Ingo's antics were not known at the time.

• Members

And we know that OG Roman was one who would tease. And, Wayne was a jokester who pulled pranks that everyone loved because they were completely without malice. Deidre still says Wayne is her best friend. And another friend of mine is very close to Lynn Herring & he says Wayne is constantly sending small gifts to Lynn. Deidre was there when their first son Hank was born & she held him 3rd after first Lynn & then Wayne. Now Hank is a grown man & an actor himself. RoMar is history. Jarlena is EndGame. There's just no reason for fan animosity!! We all have one thing in common & it is a big thing & that is that we all love Queen Dee!

• Members

Wayne seems like a wonderful guy!  I don't blame him for Roman's bad writing.  He did what he could including the embarrassing 1992 Mrs. Doubtfire rip off which you are heading into lol. 

I can see why the show went with Drake as their lead.  Roman/John do become redundant when you think about it.  And Drake was younger and more classically handsome.  The way the affair was written there was really no other choice except to build John/Marlena into endgame.  If it was just casual why would our heroine Marlena do that?  I can still see a place for Roman after the affair, but I also understand the reasoning of getting rid of him to give a clear path towards John/Marlena.  I would have hated Roman being villainized in the way Kristen was and that's the only way JER knew how to write triangles.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Wayne is a great guy! Fortunately for him he loves being a rancher as much as he loved his career. Because after a certain point DAYS just wasn't there for him anymore. Today's Roman is mostly an embarrassment, if you ask me. Even with him marrying a hot number like Kate, he isn't exciting. And, Abe was really Roman's best friend but they don't even play that. If I were trimming the DAYS cast (which is sorely needed) as much as we need a new balance of old characters to new, I would write Roman off completely & give the ownership of the pub over to Eric, who frankly needs a job! We need more Hortons & we need Sami. But, we don't need this Chris Kosichek/Roman! 

Oh, yeah, you are right about Reilly. He would not have done well with Roman. And I agree that the affair couldn't be casual. That's why I made no reply when you said you felt like Marlena would not have cheated on Roman with John, again. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

HORTON ORNAMENT 2023 DEBUT: VICTORIA

Was so busy getting the end-of-the-year rankings tallied up, I forgot to post the new Victoria ornament photo. Thanks as always to "Days" for the nice close-ups of the ornaments!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Kristen going evil revolutionized the character and made her the greatest Days villainess of all time. 

Personally that’s the only kind of love triangle I like: a true-love couple like Carrie and Austin with an evil sociopathic interloper like Sami scheming and manipulating to keep them apart or break them up. 

• Members

In the DAYS universe, I wonder who makes the ornaments now?  I assume Alice made them initially, and maybe Maggie took over when she lived in the Horton House.  But, I can't imagine Julie hand painting an ornament. 

• Members

This year they mentioned that the basement is filled with ornaments of the dead and divorced Hortons.  Coincidentally, I was watching a clip of an old episode with Alice, Carly, Bo, and Shawn D putting up the tree.  Shawn whines because Alice didn't hang Hope's ornament (she was presumed dead at the time).  Carly magnanimously said that if Alice was trying not to offend her, it was not necessary because Shawn should remember his mother.

I was incredulous (not really, but in my head).  Of course, Hope's ornament should be on the tree.  And if Bo didn't like it, he should have gone to his own parent's house, rather than bringing his new sidepiece to his dead wife's grandmother's house for Christmas!  The fact that Carly got points for that was ridiculous, when it was literally the least she could have done in the situation. 

It made me happy that Hope never gave Carly the time of day.  The woman tried to usurp Hope's entire family and then dropped them like a hot potato for a richer guy and her long-lost killer son. (JK, but not by much).