ATWT July 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sigh...talk about treading water. I get that some days have to be devoted to setting up story, but between the Iris and random Gabe/Lucinda scenes, I started to resent the waste of a precious day. Not that I don't like Teri Garber playing Iris, but Gawd...did they have to slip right into Gwen's outright paranoia, or have that trite Hallie-hugs-"Grandma"-so-she-can't-go crap?

And the Gabe/Lucinda scene? Seriously, throwing a green hair model to the wolves like that ought to be a crime. Or a violation of the Geneva Convention at least. I don't understand Lucinda suddenly getting qualms about leading "Pussycat" to the slaughter in this perfume business. Lily's still lying about being in business with Craig.

I'm secretly hoping for a Carly/Iris scene too.

And tomorrow...SIERRA!!! YAY!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was like a 45 minute snoozefest.

Iris has been on, what, 5 minutes and I already can't stand it.

I did quite enjoy Craig getting to Holden. He need to be worried about his fiancee, lord knows shes not the most secure person in the world right now. She hears Lily's name and just withers into pieces. Po' thang.

• Members

I love MBE. Of all the recasts in the Hogan era, I think her's is the one I like the most. She even looks like she could be EH's daughter.

*snort* I can't be the only one to notice Jan is suddenly wearing flats so she won't tower over "Blackie". *eyeroll*

• Members

I like MBE.I was a fan of Finn Carter so she won me over. I liked the show ended with Lucinda and Sierra and not lame ass Blackie and Juicy Jan et. I wish Dusty and Jack would just get it over with and have sex. Man the sex appeal (chemistry) they had together today was off the charts....lol

• Members

To think we could've had MBE instead of JP and Juicy Janet. I like JP but Juicy Janet is a useless character. Sierra should have stayed in Oakdale. Who knows maybe with the right characters on this show might not have been cancelled.

• Members

There are times even I can admit TIIC are consistant in keeping Craig a thoughtless, narcisstic bastard. His "explanation" for the affair with Lidia because I could and finding out he left Sierra (and Lidia, apparently) before Sierra knew about the pregnancy make him a complete and utter sonofabitch.

And of course, I'd have wished for more time with Sierra than the last two Juicy&theFruits of her Womb stories.

• Members

I don't see why Molly is even marrying Holden. Dude has so much baggage, *obviously*, and all Molly does is look over her shoulder half the time. I used to like these two when it was fun and carefree, but now they're just a drag to watch. I guess it's somewhat better now that homegirl stopped all that crying, now she just whines without those pesky tears.

Love that Lucinda is getting all this airtime, for whatever reason (??)--but she is truly hilarious. Its all so delicious, this plot she has against Craig. I mean, I see how this could end badly for Lily, but I would like to see Craig *finally* LOSE and LEARN from his mistakes. He's such an a**hole, and he has zero remorse for anything he's done. Don't get me started on the pompous way he explained his affair to Sierra--just UGH.

Kinda bored with Sierra's return, I don't see the point in her coming back. I could think of 20 people I'd rather see come back off the top of my head than she and Lucy.

• Members

Seriously, the Babs story is getting on my nerves now. She could have easily gotten out when Iris walked in. But of course we have to let the story drag on some more...Goutman sucks and thats why ATWT was cancelled.

• Members

Sigh...that and the fact Gwen/Will/Paul/Em are having conversations they should have had two years ago. I don't buy for a minute that Em and/or Paul regret their part in the baby switch. Em opined that her hostility towards Babs stems from the fact Babs suggested an abortion of the blackmail baby (Em forced Paul into marriage and "proof" aka sex that he wasn't playing her for info on where she'd hidden Dusty after she shot Paul). From what I remember EVERYONE, including Hal, thought the pregnancy was a HUGE mistake and urged Em not to go through with it.

Not that I think for a moment Babs could get past that linebacker Iris (seriously, there's five inches and probably thirty pounds' difference between those women, and the ONLY way Henry's convinced that's not Babs is from her missing ass wiggle?)...but she didn't even TRY to escape.

Archived