Favourite Soap Non Weddings

• Members

I thought they got married and then the affair came out a few months later.

A few good ones:

Kyle and Reva, GL -- mostly for the breathtaking location sequence of Reva, wearing a green cloak, wandering around to Streisand's cover of "Somewhere," which was her theme with Kyle.

Emily and Leonard Swindley, Corrie -- Emily had loved Leonard for years and finally proposed to him, but on the big day she realized he would never love her and they would never be happy.

Mavis and Derek, Corrie -- They'd been starcrossed lovers for years but when it came time for the wedding they both had doubts. They jilted each other at the altar and they became national headlines, as they attacked each other in the press.

Warren and Louise, Hollyoaks -- Louise had become a pathetic drunken caricature as she was crushed under the weight of marrying a man she loved, but who cheated on her and had killed her abusive ex and let her go to prison for the crime. She planned to murder Warren before their wedding. This was complicated when she learned she was pregnant, but she couldn't change her plans. Unfortunately for her, Warren found the gun in her room not long before the big event, and he strangled her.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was one of the best EVER. I especially loved that Susan had everyone wearing Elvis-inspired outfits. I still remember John in the comeback special jumpsuit, chortling over Abe dressed as Colonel Tom Parker.

I think the 1997 one was when they had Susan telling the other guests that the wedding was going to go badly because weddings always did in Salem. They shushed her and said that wasn't true. Then the wedding went up in smoke, and she said I told you so. ^_^

• Members

LoL, I remember that. She was just rambling away from one of the church pews. I think the quote was something like, "You know... there's an awful lot of weddings in Salem but not alot of 'em every ever really really really do happen," LoL

• Members

Loved The DAYS Wedding when Hope was forced to marry Larry Welsh...twice.

I must check out "The Holy Matrimony" Episode

I know on Emmerdale that the affair was revealed after,but she was hiding it and before she had doubts about going through

with the ceremony

Warren & Louise`s wedding was chilling. I wonder if Louise is still alive

Another wedding on Hollyoaks was Nancy & Jake`s wedding when Jake was controlling Nancy and picked out a hideous dress

for her to wear.

Peggy & Archie where Archie controlled Peggy until the end.

Watching Sheila & Eric`s wedding on B&B. Why did Sheila stand up Eric ?

• Members

It wasn't just one episode. It played out over the course of a week after months and months of buildup. The backstory is that Kristen had gotten pregnant with John's baby, suffered a miscarriage, continued faking her pregnancy and then she eventually tried to pass off the child of her lookalike (Susan Banks) as her own. She also helped Peter Blake fake his own death (a deception that was later discovered by Laura Horton). When Marlena discovered the truth, Kristen locked her in a soundproof secret room in the DiMera Mansion behind the wine cellar. The secret room was equipped with a TV monitor so Marlena could watch Kristen continue to manipulate John from captivity.

Over time, loony ass Susan began to develop feelings for John and she decided to take over Kristen's life. She locked Kristen in the secret room with Marlena (which resulted in a delicious Kristen/Marlena bitch fight full of punching, slapping and body slams, LoL) and began planning a wedding so she could marry John. On the day of the nuptials with half the town in attendance, Laura busted in and started throttling Susan, thinking she was Kristen, which caused her false teeth to fly out and land in Vivian's champagne glass, LoL. Once Susan was exposed, she confessed the truth about Marlena and Kristen's whereabouts, who were trying to dig their way out of the secret room and ended up busting open a gas pipe. Gas started leaking but John rescued them in time.

Once they were out of the secret room, Marlena revealed all of Kristen's lies to a horrified John. The whole town was there and it was a big spectacle. Kristen collapsed to her knees in a snotty, sobby mess and confessed the truth, begging John for forgiveness. When John wouldn't take her back, Kristen stole a gun from a cops holster and held Marlena at gunpoint. Drama drama drama. And lots of comedy. The Susan stuff in particular was very humorous. It was good stuff.

There's a playlist of the whole story on YouTube. Link here.

• Members

More jilted Weddings

Eastenders - Phil & Steila - 2007

-Steila was abusing Ben and Ben told Phil about it. Steila tried to flee and she committed suicide by jumping off a roof

Emmerdale - Jimmy & Kelly - 2007

-Carl had pictures of Kelly kissing Eli. While he found out they were fake,Kelly revealed that she aborted Jimmy`s baby. Jimmy then dumped her. She left the soap straight after

Emmerdale - Dan & Sharon - 2007

-Sharon was only interested in Dan`s money

• Members

The best non-wedding was on ATWT: Paul and Rose. Paul thought Rose was cheating on him with Dusty. Then Rose collapsed at the altar (!) and was rushed to the hospital, where it was learned she was poisoned. She then died in her twin sister's arms.

Archived