Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Oh! I do miss the show and just tuning in and seeing familiar characters. That's the thing about soaps, you form such an attachment because you "interact" with these characters daily for years. I know it wouldn't be the same if it was still on and the last years were rough and I didn't watch much, but I wish there was somewhere to revisit whatever is left of the catalog. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just be glad you didn't order one of Bandstand Mike's hard drives. He "sold" two, end years, all full episodes, $200 each & people knew he had them because before the purge that was why there was so much GL on YT. However, he was scamming everyone! He never delivered, just took money upfront. 

If only P&G would just sell to some streamer. 

• Members

Thanks ! Agnes Nixon’s last GL scripts in her collection is November 1966 (John Boruff joined her in early 1966 as you said). So I don’t know who wrote the 1st part of 1967 before the Ferros took over in May. I haven’t located scripts from that era yet to solve the mystery

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

https://chng.it/JBsh8Y9tkk

I am soliciting your vote. This is a petition where we are trying to get a Posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award for Beverlee McKinsey. Thank you for your consideration. And, please pass this along if you are somewhere it would be appropriate to do so. 

• Members

Oh good Lord. IT is trying to get a FAKE Emmy for someone? The spam queen (YES, she spams) is outta control. If you didn't get an Emmy back then, you don't deserve one now. 

Denice Pence is great in that clip above relating to GL. Greg Beecroft was SO hot! I loved him so much on Guiding Light. 

Edited by TEdgeofNight

• Members

It's amazing that GL was able to hold its own against General Hospital when that show was at it's peak as a pop culture phenomenon. 

From what I've seen of the Allen Potter/Douglas Marland era, the main storylines that I'd say impacted GL right until the end were Roger's fall off the cliff in Santo Domingo, Alan/Hope marriage, intros of Chamberlain, Lewis, Reardon families.

• Members

Why do you, or anyone, think Allen Potter fired Jane Eliot? It never made any sense to me that he stopped a major storyline in progress that way. Do the ratings in the new thread back him up that the show wasn't getting enough out of said "3 Carries" storyline? I am woefully behind on the new ratings threads but I know you are up to date.