Y&R: Branco interviews Paul Rauch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I know is the man turned me off GL for years due to the crappy stories, endless babies, pastel pantsuits and neon lighting. Kim Zimmer looked like [!@#$%^&*] for his entire run. You got the impression that Cassie and Beth were blow-up dolls for him. Big busty blondes.

• Members

Not for some in my heritage historically its always been a valid argument since slavery books are still being written on the subject even now with the Presidency of Obama

however, I do agree that the points should have been made by now and it should end...

As for Rauch, he comes off as a power player one of the "good ole' boys" and after reading responses here of posters who are familiar with him he doesn't seem to champion diversity which makes me understand more why his Victoria Rowell response seemed so dry... and the "I've heard about" leads me to wonder if he likes her...

I liked when he flipped the script and asked Branco questions...

I can't remember specifics of his past history because I really just recall him in this interview however there is his quote I really like

N. Branco: What do you know for sure?

"Story is everything Yes, execution is important, but good storyline is everything. End of story. Period. Because story is life."

2790698950101759456S425x425Q85.jpg

• Members

Yeah, Nelson went all Oprah on him with that, "What do you know for sure?" bit.

I meant to mention this in my earlier post, but I'd love to hear more about Ruach's proposed soap, Grosse Pointe. Does anyone have more information? It's interesting that Rauch says it was to replace Capitol when many of us have been under the impression for years that Capitol was safe until Bill Bell came along with his idea for B&B.

• Members

I guess that's an easy opinion to have when the majority of characters (or in most cases all characters) on the screen are white...if the skin color of characters is such a blase non-issue, then why is it that most of the time the ones with prominent on-going storylines are only white?

• Members

Amen. It may not matter to some viewers, but it matters to others. And it certainly must matter to the folks behind the cameras because if it was such a non-issue, daytime would be a lot more colorful. I mean, is it really so much to ask for in 2009? We're not looking for talking dogs in front burner storylines here.

Archived