AMC: week of May 4-9

• Members

R Sinclair- now I see why your underwear is in a wad. :P You're the one who starts the daily AMC threads...

I was wondering why, not once, but twice, you singled me out. Now it makes sense. I wasn't picking on you, I had no idea who started the daily threads, I was simply complimenting the author of this thread for starting a weekly thread.

No hard feelings...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good. Now you know who's boss (even though I just began starting the daily threads about 4 weeks ago -- and they've been going on since before I joined 3 years ago), you can sit down.

Anyway...

Moving on to today's episode... it brought up several questions.

One: Why is Krystal lighting a match to burn something she's about to place in an open fire?

Two: This Satin Slayer revisit makes no sense -- because, we're basing this case on the fact that the copycat who killed Dixie was actually gunning for Babe. Here's the thing: Babe was still the Satin Slayer's intended target, because he attacked her in the parking garage! So if the poisoned pancakes were meant for Babe, all because Dixie ate them AFTER BABE GAVE THEM TO HER doesn't mean that it wasn't the Satin Slayer -- because the Satin Slayer still did attack Babe in the parking garage. Anybody who was following the Satin Slayer case enough to want to do a copycat had to have known that Babe would've been dead since she was a Fusion girl. So why would a copycat risk the chance of doing something someone else had basically already foreshadowed? Adam, the manipulator, who gets other people to do his dirty work for him, would say, "Ugh! Eff this Satin Slayer! I want Babe dead and I want her dead NOW! So, I'll just do it myself!" Lazy.

Three: Tad, shut up. I love how he's trying to make it seem as if Krystal can always come to him and trust him... when he's sold her out numerous times over the last several months. Sure, he wants her to believe that she can always come to him -- because he's just using her to get whatever it is he wants from her.

Four: Marissa is on my last nerve.

Five: I can NOT get behind Erica's cleave. It's just too ridiculous for a woman her age. It's pathetic. It's almost as if she's competing with her daughter.

Six: Rendall is so not entertaining. One, because it's simply a farce. Two, because Cameron Mathison being romantic and sexy is like watching a pot boil.

Seven: Speaking of Ryan, I'm glad Erica wasn't doing her babytalk when she was in scenes with him today. Everyone praises their scenes a few weeks ago, but I was annoyed. She sounded like she was trying desperately to be young... which made every single line she said in all of their scenes appear to be a joke in my eyes.

• Members

I'm sitting, I'm sitting, LOL.

I pretty much share the same views as you on today's eppy. At least 1-4. But I am a Rendall and Erica fan... still 4 out of 7 aint bad...

Thanks for keeping things real, and back to the daily threads we go- I mostly lurk, but I'll try to participate in them more. ;)

• Members

I prefer weekly. Isn't AMC the only soap with daily threads? It makes no sense, AMC is just as chaotic a mess as any soap these days.

Whatever.

Scott is kinda boring. The actor looks hot in all his magazine pictures in SOD, why are TPTB dorking him up? I don't get why some actors are dressed down and covered up to diminish their sex appeal. Scott can be a do-gooding intellectual without being dressed as a pencil-necked, sweater-loving geek. And he looks TOO MUCH like Stuart to be an adopted son.

What was with the blowoff line from Ryan to Scott? "Hey man I heard you were back in town, we definitely gotta catch up, see ya later"

Didn't Ryan mean... "I definitely gotta tell you how Greenlee, who came to town to steal you from Becca because she loved you since college, died in a tragic motorcycle accident the day we were to be married, and I got over it the next week by bedding Kendall. How's film-making? I mean, uh... how's heart valve stuff?"

And for Scott to be relegated to the JR/Marissa/Randi age group when he was a Ryan/Greenlee/Becca/Leo/Laura/Gillian contemporary just makes it sad, especially since Erica has to interact with characters 2 generations beneath her all the time now. A few more plastic surgeries and Erica would be too closely resembling Bobbie Spencer.

Marissa is seriously Babe 3.0. Not in a good way. And for a chick that got pawned off on some friend to raise while angelic Babe was Krystal's "baby dawl" for her entire life, Krystal sure is treating Marissa like crap now, when Marissa is basically serving Babe's function all over town. Why bother to bring her to Pine Valley if you're just gonna emotionally abuse her? Krystal, get a grip!

I am still trying to wrap my mind around who wins if Adam is rewritten into being the one who murdered his son's mother.

And Zach was probably unfazed about Ian's heart troubles because he knew he could just go out and shoot whoever he needed to in order to nab a replacement. I guess Marissa's heart would be too big for Ian right now?

AMC is such a hot mess.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Susan Lucci has some sort of contract or demand that every contract actor works with her at some point... or they're fired! :lol: Of course I'm joking... but seriously, if you don't have a connection to Erica in some way, you're pretty screwed.

• Members

Please go back to the daily AMC posts! As others have said, it's easier to read through and it's what we're accustomed to.

As for the episode, I loved the Rendall scenes yesterday. Their easy chemistry was on fire and both actors were clearly not phoning it in.

I'm also getting tired of Ian's health crises bringing Zzzendull together.

Still love this Scott, loved his scenes with Erica.

Marisa doesn't bug me as much as Krystal does lately.

Adam touching the ribbon and smiling when Dixie died is such weak evidence that he killed her! I think he was just happy to see the ribbon on his gate, knowing it meant Babe would soon be gone. Besides, we all know Adam wouldn't have hired someone to stalk Winnifred at the grocery store and inject the peanut butter; he wouldn't have needed to do it in a public place when the PB would be at his house later. I still think this is a fake out that will lead to the revelation Dixie is alive and David is somehow involved.

• Members

Babe is dead and she continues to ruin AMC. If we had a drinking game for every time, her name is mentioned we would all be alcoholics. Tad and JR thinking that Adam could have killed Diixie is so stupid that I am embarrassed for them. It is like a crazy person is writing AMC.

• Members

I thought so too . Also , I know Kendall is going to have to be with either Ryan or Zach on this show ; she doesn`t even get to interactwith any other male except fleetingly in the hospital . I would rather every male in PV was either openly or secretly in love with her as is her Kane right ( loved the days when Aidan , Boyd and Ryan were vying for her ) but right now it`s between Pratt`s big 2 .

Ryan has told her she had every right to feel betrayed by Bianca and Zach and didn`t try to put it all on Kendall having " changed" :rolleyes: He makes her happy and most importantly , hasn`t recently suggested he take turns with her with 2 other men . Always a plus in my book . ;)

The only thing that should bring Zendall back together is a realization of just how much he betrayed her and a full apology

He also needs to acknowledge the hypocrisy of lecturing her on secrets for months . Until then , their relationship is poisoned imho .

Archived