Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She was a great bitch yet also very sympathetic and able to play layers. Cindy was a horribly written character but Kim always made it work.

You know, she went to the same acting school as the man who played Gary (the second Gary) and I think the guy who played Chris Madison.

• Members

+1! Couldn't have said the first part better. She really did have what the soaps need....The ability to play all different stories. The ability to play a bitch, without coming across as unsympathetic and bitchy-for-the-sake-of-being-bitchy.

There were times when Cindy wasn't written very well, but you're right. Kim always made it work and it was easy to overlook the shaky writing bc of her portrayal.

In many ways I think she could have made a good Carly recast on GH. Kim was good at playing a lot of the elements that Carly originall had.

I didn't knowthe part about the acting school. That's really cool!

• Members

I don't mean to make it sound like Cindy was a dreadfully written character but there were just some WTF moments...she was a cat burglar. She worshiped an African totem called Booba or something. She shot Grant in the heart. On and on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment on it as I re-read this thread. If you'd seen Kathleen Layman (the 1st MJ) in the role, I think you'd have a different opinion. First off, she very much resembled Julie Osburn's Kathleen, to the point that they really could have been sisters. Secondly, she was a completely different character than Sally Spencer's MJ- she was tough, feisty, smart, spirited, and certainly nobody's victim. Sally's MJ was kind of the polar opposite of that- it was quite jarring and I never warmed to her in the role. To be honest, as a young kid, I liked Layman's MJ every bit as much as Kathleen.

Plus, she had FANTASTIC chemistry with Rick Porter's Larry. Unfortunately, the show never had the guts to go there with them, since he was married to town sweetheart Clarice.