Days: Lets Discuss Head Writers/EP's

• Members

The Best

I was absolutely HOOKED on Days from 1998-1999. The SSM Era was my favorite era of soaps period, and I have never loved a soap as much as I loved Days during that era. I loved Sami's Execution, Sami finally beating Carrie and getting Austin, Carrie/Mike, Nurse Ali, The beginnings of Brandon/Sami, The hilariousness of Nancy/Craig (Pre Chloe), John and Marlena's wedding, The Gina Saga, and Eric/Nicole/Lucas. I even loved the early teen explosion and it wasn't nearly as encompassing as it was during the Langan years.

In second place would be the end of JER from 1996-1997, this was when I first started watching Days and I only watched occasionally.

In retrospect I now believe Langan wasn't as bad as originally thought after seeing the last few years. <_< Even though I constantly complained, I still watched everyday and was relatively entertained, and 2000 at least had some decent storylines with Terror In The Skies, and the Mother of the Year Ball.

The Worst

Dena Higley's Current Era: I despise nearly all of the show currently.

Higley's 2003 run: The most boring Days has ever been for me.

Hogan's Run: I really think Hogan had some good ideas, but it just didn't translate well, and I feel he had constant interference. I liked that he finally matured Sami but in the process destroyed her.

Medium Level

B&C: a lot of fans rave about them but they were just ok for me, their era marked me slowly moving away from the show and that accelerated with Higley and Hogan.

JER #2: A lot of hits and misses with his era, the show was still entertaining early on but extremely stagnant in 2005. 2006 was much better for me with the return of Austin and Carrie. Having them mixed back in with Lumi was like nostalgia for me and kept me watching.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived