Y&R: Who Would You Cut From The Cast?

• Members

There has been a discussion about Y&R's cast needing some trimming. What do you all think? Who would you cut, if anyone? Or do you feel the cast is good as it is?

Below is the current cast list.

Contract Cast-

Peter Bergman

Vail Bloom

Eric Braeden

Bryton

Sharon Case

Judith Chapman

Jeanne Cooper

Doug Davidson

Eileen Davidson

Chris Engen

Clementine Ford

Adrienne Frantz

Daniel Goddard

Michael Graziadei

Stacy Haiduk

Amelia Heinle

Elizabeth Hendrickson

Christel Khalil

Christian LeBlanc

Kate Linder

Thad Luckinbill

Eva Marcille

Billy Miller Billy Abbott

Joshua Morrow

Emily O'Brien

Nia Peeples

Greg Rikaart

Melody Thomas

Kristoff St. John

Michelle Stafford

Tammin Sursok

Jess Walton

Recurring Cast-

Tracey E. Bregman

Jerry Douglas

Hayley Erin

Yani Gellman

Beth Maitland

Vanessa Marano

Kevin G. Schmidt

Ted Shackelford

Patty Weaver

Tonya Lee Williams

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean cut?

Contract Cast:

Judith Chapman - the character needs to get off screen immediately

Daniel Goddard

Christel Khalil - although she started to change

Eva Marcille - terrible, terrible

Nia Peeples - this one is already done

Tammin Sursok - no need to explain that one

only in case we knew they would get no storyline in the next year or so:

Bryton McClure

Amelia Heinle

Thad Luckinbill

Recurring Cast:

Vanessa Marano - although she is slowly growing on me, just as long as she's there Lauren will be her prop

Ted Shackelford - he is just not what he used to be anymore

Jamia Simone Nash

Those are the most necessary, IMHO.

• Members

Cut

• Vail Bloom
  • Bryton
  • Doug Davidson - I'm shocked I think this, but his day is done
  • Daniel Goddard
  • Eva Marcille
  • Emily O'Brien - I love her, but her tragic "Love Story" death from a brain tumor would be great to watch, and would give Rikaart great story, propelling him into an Amber-Daniel triangle. (And, to be really hot, I'd have Kevin have the hots for BOTH Amber and Daniel, though I know that will never happen)
  • Nia Peeples
  • Kristoff St. John - He has proven, IMO, that he can't anchor storyline. I don't think retaining him in a supporting role is worth it. I'd clear the decks, and bring in a new family of color that is more integrated into storytelling.
  • Jerry Douglas - We have to cut the ties...neither ghost nor Alistair satisfying resolves the grievous error of killing John
  • Vanessa Marano
  • Ted Shackelford - vile vile vile vile vile vile character
  • Tonya Lee Williams - Love her, but not in the "Aunt Mamie" role

Recast

• Amelia Heinle - I would actually swap her with Heather Tom, and have Amelia play Katie at B&B
  • Tammin Sursok - I think Colleen is needed, so I would recast
  • Hayley Erin - The character is valuable...I'm not sold on the actress yet...might be a recast opportunity

Keep

• Peter Bergman
  • Eric Braeden
  • Sharon Case
  • Judith Chapman - She brings a lot of energy, and I think she's Kay's real daughter; I think tying the Baldwins to the Chancellors is worth decades of story
  • Jeanne Cooper
  • Eileen Davidson - I'm actually not thrilled with how she is being written, but I'm hoping after she learns about Victor's machinations, she will emerge as a bitch goddess
  • Chris Engen - Best new character, now nearly destroyed as deceptive, weak, snivelling. But I keep hoping he'll shape up
  • Clementine Ford - Who knows, but I'd give her a shot
  • Adrienne Frantz - Best young female on the canvas!
  • Michael Graziadei
  • Stacy Haiduk - I'm not so thrilled with the first hints of this story, but I'm willing to give it six months
  • Elizabeth Hendrickson
  • Christel Khalil - She is the sole Winters I think has potential at this point. That said, since I have shipped her daddy and boyfriend out of town (see above), maybe she doesn't have such a place on the canvas anymore.
  • Christian LeBlanc
  • Kate Linder
  • Thad Luckinbill
  • Billy Miller
  • Joshua Morrow
  • Greg Rikaart
  • Melody Thomas
  • Michelle Stafford
  • Jess Walton
  • Tracey E. Bregman - I am itching to see her under contract, and fierce. For example, defending her brood...
  • Yani Gellman - I hope this one gets a contract...I see much potential here
  • Beth Maitland - Traci should have Steve die, and she should move back to GC to take John's role as the voice of reason
  • Kevin G. Schmidt - Best "teen" find in forever. Too bad none of his female scene partners are up to his skills
  • Patty Weaver - Gina was squandered years ago...but there is no point in dismissing her with her current minimal presence.
  • You forgot Estella...but that is a character and family I am dying to see get better developed

• Members

Cut

Chapman

Shackelford

Rikaart

Graziadei

Frantz

Marcille

Goddard

Peeples

Recast

Heinle

Khalil

Sursok

Marano

Erin

Keep

Braeden

Cooper

Walton

Scott

Davidson

Davidson

St. John

Williams

McClure

Case

Bergman

Miller

Hendrickson

Linder

Weaver

O'Brien

Morrow

Bloom

Engen

LeBlanc

Bregman

Luckinbill

Cast

Gellman

Douglas

Schmidt

Maitland

Depends

Ford

Haiduk

Stafford

• Members

In the current economic clusterfuck, I would be hesitant about culling many people if I possibly could.

On the other hand, there are one or two names I am just itching to type. Down, bitch. Down! :lol:

If this was GH, on the other hand... there'd be blood on the WALLS.

• Members

Bryton - he has ran his course. hes a boring char and the actor is dull.

Judith Chapman - talk about running your course as a char. love JC, but gloria is done.

Doug Davidson - again, i think Paul has just run his course. Id place DD on recurring.

Daniel Goddard - bad char, bad actor. must go soon.

Amelia Hinle - i like her, but she has never caught on with fans. recast.

Eva Marcille - bas char, awful actress.

Emily O'Brien - Jana was way out stayed her welcome.

Greg Rikaart - So has Kevin.

Michelle Stafford - This one.. was a hard choice. But i think Phyliss just needs to go now.

Tammin Sursok - awful actress. recast the role.

Hayley Erin - Abby could be an amazing char with a better actress, so maybe recast. Or boarding school.

Vanessa Marano - just a bad character.

I would have Gloria get a job - via Kay or someone nice to her - and out of Genoa City. She decides to take it and support herself for once. Jeffrey declares his love and moves with her. Jana & Kevin decide its time for a change and opt for a move as well. Michael sends Erin away to a boarding school. Or, better yet Erin wants to go to a private school somewhere after Noah breaks her heart. Michael doesnt want her to be alone and Kevin & Jana say they will go so she has some family in the area, and Jeff & Gloria decide to make a honest attempt at a relationship and go on a vacation - never to return!

I would have Phyliss unable to deal with losing Nick and let her start to unravel. When Jack notices he offers a job overseas and tells her to take it to get away - and she agrees. Nick lets her take Summer with her too.

Ted Shackelford

• Members

Cut:

Adrienne Frantz (outside of Daniel, she doesn't interest me)

Bryton

Amelia Heinle (like Mark H said -- switch Heather Tom with her on B&B)

Christel Khalil (recast)

Thad Luckinbill (buh-bye!)

Eva Marcille

Tammin Sursok (recast with Adrianne Leon)

Hayley Erin

Vanessa Marano

Hire:

Viveca A. Fox or Dominique Jennings

Anthony Montgomery (see http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0599719/) as Nate

The actor who played Victor's long-time valet, Miguel.

Priscilla Garita as Mac.

Promote Tracey E. Bregman, Beth Maitland and Tonya Lee Williams from recurring.

Keep Shackleford. I love that old rogue!

Keep everybody else.

• Members

Judith Chapman - needs to leave the show, but Gloria needs to go to JAIL.

Ted Shackelford - Jeffrey can go with her to JAIL.

Emily O'brien - I agree... a "Love Story" type SL with her would be moving, dramatic, and propel story.

Thad Luckinbill- Drop him to recurring

Amelia Heinle- I agree, do a "switcharoo" with her and Heather Tom. (She would have worked better as Mac, actually)

Bryton "I'm such a big star, I don't need a last name" McClure - Drop him... NOW, send him off the college, never to be heard from again, only passing comments form Neil.

Eva Marcille- drop her AND the kid, making a dramatic exit... involving amber alerts, and the two of them escaping to another country.

Vail Bloom - drop her to recurring (She needs to be the new "John Silva")

Doug Davidson- either find good story for him, or drop him to recurring, I would choose to WRITE for him, he's too good of an actor.

Michelle Stafford- Her character is exciting, but also TOO over the top for a truly LONG term stint (20+ years) I would take the SL in the natural direction of Nick/Sharon reuniting, then Phyllis becoming COMPLETELY unhinged... and trying to kill Sharon. She'd be unsuccessful, and as the cops close in on her, I'd break the last taboo of daytime.... I'd have Phyllis commit suicide. IT would fit the character, and cause a heck of a stir.

Bring back:

Beth Maitland- She's ALREADY on recurring, but I would use her a little more, involve her in a 4-6 week story arc a couple times a year.

Janice Lynde- Leslie would be a nice addition to balance all the stupid, horny bitches in GC... and she can be a romance for Paul after Nikki breaks his heart. (Janice still LOOKS really good, too.)

Julianna McCarthy (recurring)- she's a character that is deperately needed, but Karen Hensel can also fill that space, if they'd just utilize her, and considering current SL, she NEEDS TO BE ONSCREEN MORE.

So, the only contract player I would add is Janice Lynde, and I'd be getting rid of 7 contract players, or bumping them to recurring... that should save some dollars.

• Members

Bryton

Judith Chapman

Ted Shackelford

Daniel Goddard

Amelia Heinle...switch her and Heather Tom's roles

Eva Marcille

Emily O'Brien

Greg Rikaart

Tammin Sursok - re-recast with Leon

Vanessa Marano

Luckinbill... they aren't writing for him (I thought he was supposed to have a big storyline this year)

Haley Erin

Eva Marcille

• Members

Alphanguy, it would be very gutsy, but I like your end to the Phyllis character because it is so fitting!.....

I have loved my Phyllis over the years, but I feel the character too has outlived its usefulness. In addition to Michelle:

In terms of contract actors I would cut at this point:

Judith Chapman (Gloria)- I am not exactly sure why Maria Bell decided to keep her. She had a golden opportunity to send her to prison. She serves no useful purpose

Amelia Heinle (Victoria)- I like Amelia, but she has never connected with Victoria, or the real Victoria anyway. Anytime she tries to assert power in her scenes, it just comes off as very awkward. Either bring back Heather Tom.... or find someone with fire.

Thad Luckinbill (J.T)- No purpose and has not had one for several years.

Damian Goddard (Cane)- Undo this mess and send him on his way.

Now... I feel many more could be cut and wouldn't blink an eye, but these are the most important ones and a start. Currently, Y&R only has about 6-8 core cast members.... outside from those folks anyone is expendable.

• Members

Need to make a proper list but certain so-called actors were a no-brainer whilst opening this thread.

CUT, QUIT, BUH-BYE!

- Thad Luckinbill - only at least 8 years to late...

- Amelia Heinle - even when she's acting like in recent months she's still wallflower and boring -> bring back Heather Tom!

- Tammin Sursok - do I HAVE to comment on this one? DOn't even know whether a recast is necessray since Colleen is already non-existent

- Bryton - his story is done and he has zero charisma

More to come...

...after this short break for our sponsors ;)

• Members

I would cut the following:

Bryton McClure (get rid of character - have him go away to college)

Daniel Goddard (get rid of character - leaves for Australia to tend to sick adoptive parents, this character has run its course)

Amelia Heinle (recast - BEG HT to return)

Thad Luckinbill (get rid of character - leaves Victoria, then town)

Eva Marcille (recast or get rid of character by having her steal Neil's money, and then leave the country with Ana)

Tammin Sursok (recast or give her an exit with JT or head out of town to live w/ Mom in NYC - just MUST go!)

AND put Michael Fairman (Murphy) on contract!

Archived