OLTL: Mia Korf's Blair

• Members

Same here. I began watching OLTL in 1990, when EP was playing Dorian. I was perplexed one day to tune in and see RS now playing her when she returned in '93. It was my first experience seeing her in the role and I remember being slightly irritated by how campy she was. There was this one scene of her and Jason. He was about to take a ride on his motorcycle and she was making a big deal about wanting to go with him. Finally she said, "If you won't take me with you....then just take me!" I was like WTF?! EP's Dorian just wasn't that over the top it took a minute for me to get used to Dorian being SO flamboyant. In time though, I saw that RS's campiness gave the character another dimension and at times makes her a little more dangerous/eerie. Also makes her "moments" more standout. EP was good and could rev up her color sometimes, but she didn't garner as many big "moments" because she was more understated.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was the same here, I wasn't used to RS's sort of campiness. EP was maybe softer and the difference was noticable. In time, RS made me forget about EP and I do see her as the best Dorian. It's just like you said, maybe I didn't initially think I could see soft, strong and vulnerable in this woman but she can play that just as perfectly as she can play the camp and over-the-top. I think she's brilliant in the role.

Mia Korf. I like Kassie, but a part of me still thinks about what Mia could have done with the role. Two good actresses though, at least IMO.

Archived