NY Daily News: Bianca/Reese...

• Members

Actually, standard soap contracts are four years. But, more established actors have the clout to negotiate for shorter contracts. They don't want to lock themselves in for that long. Thorsten Kaye had several issues with the writing the last time he signed, so it's perfectly plausible that he was only willing to sign on for two more years. Cady McClain only signed on for a year when she returned, and so on.

And hate to say it, but Carolyn Hinsey more than anyone knows what she's talking about in this case. Thorsten Kaye is tight with her, doesn't he only do press with her?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't be at all surprised if TK leaves AMC. There is so much one can take, RageMonkey's spitting on him for example, the writing for Zach has been crap the last couple of years and so out of character. Reese officially put the nail in Zach's coffin. Zach needed to be put with the real grown-ups in PV, like David and Adam, instead he was sacrificed for Kendall and Greenlee... :angry:

4pv4v8.gif

• Members

I watched the wedding and subsequent reveal and break up. I thought that it was very well done. I have an issue with the fact that Zach kissed Reese and she has all these strong feelings for him. It would have been better soap if the kiss had been with another female character who was sexually confused and drawn to Reese.

I don't believe for a second that any of these big soap stars are going to willing leave their soaps in this economy. They will all compromise and take the pay cut. These people have families to support and mortgages to pay. TK will re-sign.

• Members

How in the world has the writing for Zach been out of character. He was an arrogant jerk when he came to town and he is still an arrogant jerk. He came to town with a chip on his shoulder and still has a chip on his shoulder.

He played that game that made Bianca remember everything about her rape because he was trying to get even about his brother. Even Myrtle called him on that one.

He stole his own son's fiancee.

He caused a blackout to try and keep a woman from getting pregnant - in the process of doing so put all the people in Pine Valley in danger.

Those are just a few of the bad things he did early on. I don't put anything past the man.

Once a jerk always a jerk.

• Members

I'm upset that Beth Ann is leaving.. Talia is fabulous and doesn't deserve to be killed off. I guess she'll be a victim of the stabbings which will pave the way for Antonio's exit. I had a feeling it was coming when they switched Stacy and she became Gigi's sister. Will def. miss Taila, I'm not happy with this..

I won't be sad to see TK leave, I've never been crazy about Zach and Kendall but he is an important part of this show, he will be missed as well. Maybe they're setting up his exit with him "cheating" on Kendall.

• Members

Cheap I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the writing for Zach. I like it. I don't see it as any different than the way Zach has always been written. He has always been arrogant to me. I just don't see the big change in Zach's character that alot are referring too when they say the writing is terrible for him.

Nothing that Zach ever does surprises me.

I love the character of Zach and I love the character of Kendall. I just hate them together. I think they are too toxic together. Everyone that comes into contact with them ends up suffering due to their great love. I just want them apart.

Now under B&E I was really beginning to hate both even by themselves but most of it was due to overexposure. Pratt has really made me like them both again esp. Kendall.

Archived