With whom is your soap's money invested?

• Members

Really! I don't want to get off topic but although Rikaart may not be everyone's cup of tea, he has shown much more range that Egan, especially with humor and in emotional scenes.

And although Egan and Bloom play characters that may be more important to the show, they still have been with the show less than a year and can be replaced, so I am really suprised by their salaries being higher than other veterans who I thought were pretty popular. I wonder where all those rumors that they were being let go last month came from?

Y & R also benefits from an actress of the quality of Tracey Bregman being available as recurring. She benefits because she can take time off to be with her kids in summer, but the show saves themselves money also. It's a win/win deal. This works because the Bells still run the show, there is that trust on both sides that the show will use her regularly and on her part she will be available when they need her.

Thanks for the inside info DaytimeFan. Very interesting to say the least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well she's top of the Fourth Tier, so if it makes any difference she'd be bottom of the Third Tier, except the different between her money and the Third Tier is enough to warrant the Fourth Tier.

She's young, her Nielsen and Q scores are marginal and she returned in 06, when times were starting to get tougher and she simply was offered less.

She doesn't the the clout that anyone in the Third Tier does.

• Members

Tracey Bregman must be making some good money on recurring. She has a dressing room too, which is not common for recurring players. The recurring gig is her choice, I think if tptb had their way she would be on contract. I don't think other heavy recurring players (ie: Beth Maithland, Tonya Williams) have such a good deal.

I think it does come down to annual salaries. Someone like Leslie Charleson prbly has a high rate/low guarantee, while Rick Hearst has a lower rate/higher guarantee.

• Members

Beth Maitland is not what I'd term Heavy Recurring, the character is relevant and I suspect, deep down, most fans would be happy to have her back regularly, but the character of Tracey Abbott doesn't even live in Genoa City, so she's hardly all that regular.

Tonya Lee Williams splits a dressing room when she tapes. Tonya's deal, financially, is good. Tracey Bregman does make good money on recurring and I have no doubt that the execs would like her on contract, but she doesn't want to, so it is what it is.

• Members

I have always been interested in contracts and such and how these pay rates apply to returning recurring or guest players.

How is the salary for people like Bill and Susan Hayes determined.Are there stipulations that they have to be paid a certain rate because of their past history with the show?

I read somewhere that someone returning on non contract basis would have to be paid the equivalent to what they earned on contract(on a per episode basis)but how would this be calculated if several years had passed?

What about someone like Leann hunley who returned to Days after 20 years.Would her past contract status have any bearing on what she is paid today?

Is her pay scale something her agent would negotiate,as surely she wouldn't be paid union scale for a recurring player?

Hope someone can supply some answers!

• Members

All a show has to do is pay union scale. Period.

Bill and Susan Hayes are paid whatever Corday decides they're worth. They're agent/manager would negotiate to a degree, but they are NOT in a position of strength. Neither is Leanne Hunley...very few daytime actors negotiate from a position of power...she may very well be paid scale, that's Corday's option...it just stands to reason that Leann Hunley or the Hayes' wouldn't work for scale, so it's clear to me that they make more than that.

Past histories with a show have NOTHING to do with how a performer is paid. Whatever you read is incorrect or simply out of touch. I can't speak to 30 years ago...but in 2009 daytime salaries are compensation based on worth to the show.

• Members

The point I was making is she is a good actress and when and if they decide to use her in a strong story, she is available to them. I would much rather have her than a new actress with little talent.

Look at Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper. They wasted them for awhile and now they are getting better material. I hope the same will happen with Tracey Bregman with future story.

• Members

I thought I remember reading somewhere that Robin Riker was dropped to recurring. Also, her name was removed from the full end credits even before she was removed from the opening. and she was listed with the recurring and day players in the end credits during Beth's most recent appearance at Brooke and Ridge's rehearsal dinner.

The only one of your rankings I'm not sure about is Lesley-Anne Down. I know she has experience behind her, including her off-soap work. But with Jackie's storyline diminished so much, I wonder if her guarantee has been lowered to a point that would put her in the 3rd tier instead of the second.

• Members

I wouldn't be suprised about Riker. It seems Beth was a bust. I just hadn't seen anything about indicated her status. And I usually don't catch the credits, so I didn't know.

About LAD, while there is no way to tell what Brad has in his little mind about plans for Jackie, LAD needed a lot of time off this past year for herself. We just don't know if Jackie would've been around more if LAD was.

• Members

Okay, I know it's a little obvious, but let's give GL a crack...

Top Teir - Does not exist due to P&G budget cuts

Teir 2 through 25 - have been cut or are being eliminated due to P&G budget cuts

minimum wage teir - "sign your contract, like it, and be glad you still have a job - now don't spend that seven dollars and fifteen cents all in one place"

:rolleyes:

Archived