2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not pan flutes, Sylph. There is nothing special or proprietary about any soap's process. He does what writers do...which should be...obvious?

Or did I misread your scold of me earlier in the week?

• Members

You are as late as ever. You always reply to a post five days after someone asks you something. :P :takes a deap breath and :rolleyes: a bit: The pan flutes and Arcadia thing were a reference to your illusion that Y&R's team is something so splendid, so beautiful, so unreal, so well-oiled that nothing like it has ever existed in the soap world: all great individuals who love their work, who love Y&R, who love and know its history and who just love, love, love it all and can't wait to bring more of that "symphony" to your TV screen. Who just adore historic references, 'cause they know MarkH will log on SON and say: Hey, did you see that? That was awesome! Never mind the cr*ppy sh!t the dialogue is, what matters is that it's trademark Y&R cr*p and that it mentions history! :lol: History is everything.

Not only did you misread it, you've now made a mess of the whole question. :lol:

Get back on topic, we're not in ancient Greece anymore: I asked what's Hogan actually writing (d'oh... I know he's doing what writers do, he writes, but what?) — bibles or daily outlines? That's what I want to know. And how much story input does he have.

• Administrator

All it needed was some good ole Y&R discussion. :lol:

2008 was a big transition year for Y&R. It was like every month the show would fire/hire someone. It was the show that kept of giving to this thread. LOL

DAYS also had a big transition in 2008.

Pratt didn't do anything - just three "transactions" under his reign.

Well it is. I think it's a pretty good team. :)

• Administrator

April 3- BDW: Marla Kanelos

April 6- BDW: Natalie Minardi Slater

Wow, Kanelos wrote another great episode - April 3 was fantastic.

I don't think Dunn was there at same time as Pratt. If he was, it was only for a short time. They probably had little interaction at Sunset Beach since Pratt was only consulting.

Archived