How about doing the daytime emmys on the View?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve, why are they dead to you (Oprah, View)? Is it because of their political leanings this year?

I think I'd turn the Emmys into a low cost internet event.

1. Announce on the internet with a live stream, and archive on a NATAS Emmys page

2. Do webcam interviews with all the nominees, and put them up on the web page. The networks can pay for it, since it is basically free publicity for them...and it is cheap.

3. Put all clips packages on the web, for viewers to watch, vote comment.

4. Select the winners, but do not announce. Record webcam thank you interviews with each winner.

5. When the winners have all recorded their interviews, do either a press-release style announcement or a streaming style announcement. Don't have thank you speeches, but point viewers to the webcam thank you interviews

6. Have internet banner ads for the whole thing, and keep the site up forever. (I.e., active for a full year, then archived forever). That way, the content generates ad revenue forever.

It would cost little, and would generate a bit of coin...not much, but maybe enough to defray NATAS costs.

The judges would judge using the same streaming clips as the fans (#3 above). Thus, there would be no production costs for CDs, etc.

===

The nomination process needs to change again. Rather than the current popularity contest, a true "blue ribbon" panel needs to be assembled...and they need to make the selections. I guess we'd still need actors to come up with pre-nom clip packages or something.

• Members

No it has been over with both even before that.

Rosie O'Donnell first turned me off of The View and then Hasselback continued it. I just can't handle all the bickering and even though they pretend to have all bases covered it is still a lopsided panel and to have Hasselback represent the conservative side is a terrible thing.

Oprah has been done with me for several years now. I really enjoyed her show when she first started and even several years after that. But in recent years she has just left what she started and just self-promotion to me. I loved the first year esp. and even the years she was not well known and came out of Chicago. I can remember shows that she did on male rape victims, abused housewives, and so many other things that were really informative and really touched you. When she went to almost all celebrity stuff and giving cars away and all that type stuff she just lost me. I haven't watched an episode I guess in 3 years.

Archived