Days Week of 11/24

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, Ari is amazing. She really has grown as an actress.

I really hope there's going to be more to this storyline or else Nicole becoming pregnant will be waste. When Nicole and Sami got pregnant I thought there was going to be some sinister plot. If Nicole just admits to EJ she lost the baby and that's it........ <_<:angry:

• Members

Well, Toups, here is what I think will happen: Sami will give up her baby to the orphanage and Nicole will adopt it and pass it off as hers and EJ's and neither she nor Sami will know it is really EJ's and Sami's baby - at least for a while. That is what I think they are setting up.

• Administrator

Hmm....that's not bad. It sets up a secret that will be exposed down the line. They just need a add a few more layers and this could actually be a good storyline. But of course I expect Dena to badly execute it though. <_<

• Members

I've gotten to the point where i'm just going to fast-forward John and Marlena's scenes for the time being..I just can't stand them now...but i really enjoyed the rest of the show..Ari Zucker was amazing today, one of her alltime best performances...I teared up a few times..And also Eric Martsolf is doing a great job as well...I really liked the cliffhanger ending with EJ calling Nicole..The split screen was a nice touch..

And i absolutely love the Chelsea and Melanie rivalry..I think they've both met their match..

• Members

No official spoilers here, but I do write out a few of my guesses as to what may happen in this post:

I agree. It has the potential of Days circa 1996-1997. Days needs a long, drawn-out story like this that builds interest, much like Kristen/John/Marlena/Susan back in the day. And it's an umbrella story involving so many characters, with each of them being in on their own part of the secret. Brady knows that Nicole lost the baby. Lucas and Chloe know that Sami is pregnant. Others will slowly be clued in some way or another (I could see someone like Melanie stumbling upon the truth and blackmailing Nicole, kind of like Vivian did with Kristen). And EJ is in the dark, which makes sense given his own convoluted birth.

Now, whether the story can be executed properly is something else. JER knew how to slowly build and sell a story like this over the course of a year or more. DH seems more comfortable (capable?) with 2-3 month story arcs. This story should last *atleast* 6 months, probably a year, because there are so many beats to play out (Nicole faking the rest of the pregnancy, Nicole unknowingly getting Sami's baby, Nicole finding out that Sami is that baby's mother, etc.). If told properly, and assuming that this is the story that they are planning (again, I am spoiler-free, so I know nothing, just guessing) this is precisely what Days needs in order to boost ratings: a long-range, emotional story involving 6-8 main characters that builds suspense and tension over many months.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes up...

Archived