Days: Week of Nov.10

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was sleeping for the first half hour of today's show, so I only caught the second half. It wasn't anything great or to write home about. But I continue to enjoy the show day to day. I don't feel like I'm watching out of committment and then not paying attention like I was for all of spring and summer.

I don't know if it's the writing for the character or Galen Gerring's inability to act away from one character he's played for several years, but I feel that we are watching Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald in Salem and no one else. I don't understand the point of even creating this new Rafe character. DAYS should've just bought the rights to the Luis character and had it that he was transferred to Salem because that's what I'm seeing now. Sami is being protected by Luis.

I can't comment on whether they have chemistry or not because I've only seen one episode with them together, missed the other one, and now, Sami's been stuck in the bathroom for two episodes. So I don't know.

I understand why Sami didn't want to come out of the bathroom though. She doesn't want anyone knowing she's pregnant and with her being in only a towel, Rafe would surely notice. But the way they had her screaming at him and acting like she was an eleven year old girl who is not allowed to go to the mall with her friends and is throwing a temper tantrum inside the bathroom. That's how she came off today. And that's not good.

EJ and Nicole, same scenes, different day.

Okay. I don't get it. Bo and Hope don't have a real story, but they're thrown into everyone's storylines because of their work. Marlena doesn't have a real storyline, but we can't see her at the hospital? Steve and Kayla don't have real storylines, but we can't see them doing their work? i know Steve is going to be getting involved soon, but where have they been? There have been several scenes at the hospital that the writers could've incorporated Kayla and Marlena into scenes. Have Kayla see Chelsea upset when she leaves from a visit with Kate and Kayla comforts her daughter. It's not hard, writers!

I can't wait for this murder mystery to wrap up. Making Nick the killer was nothing but shock value and you can tell from the rushed pace this past 2 weeks. All of a sudden, Nick's a creepy psycho. And before anyone comes at me with the claim that Nick's been acting weird for months. Weird, yes. Psychopathic creepy stalker, no.

• Administrator

Nick killed Trent. :huh: I guess "different/creepy" Nick wasn't a red herring. I think I'll wait and see how they explain this before I bash it. ;)

Rafe/Sami are totally fun to watch. They're the highlight of the show right now.

• Members

Well the Nick stuff doesn't bother me. Most creepy psycho types are able to hide it. How many times have we heard in the news about some guy who went on a killing spree, and then all of his friends or neighbors are like, "He was such a nice guy. This can't be true."

• Members

I don't read DOOL spoilers and was shocked by the identity of the killer. It looked like this was all going to be a fake for the real reveal but they went with who they went with. I love the fact I was not able to guess the killer in 3 minutes from the time of the murder and that the murder sort of makes sense sorta kinda given new personalities.

Rafe and Sam: I like them. I used to love EJ when he was evil personified but EJ and Sami ruined each other with their nauseating niceness.. Now with Rafe there is some sort of retro vibe working like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and you never know when Rafe is going to give Sami the spanking she richly deserves. Taming of the Brat could be their story.

EJ and Nicole I can do without. She lost a bit of her bite from the Brady days, and he is still the dull bore he has been for so long now.

All in all, a satisfying show because I never thought they were really going to go with the killer they went with.

• Administrator

I agree on Nicole. She's not fun anymore.

Overall, the show is very boring right now. You'd think that revealing who the killer is would be exciting but it's not. There's only a few bright spots right now - Sami/Rafe and Philip/Stephanie scenes.

I thought with Tomlin/Whitesell arriving, characters would start to DO SOMETHING. I want to see characters scheme and plot, I want to see characters have a goal, I want to see them ACTIVE. I want to see villains and heroes. I want to see the bad gaining on the good, and then the good triumphing by taking the bad down.

It feels like November sleeps instead of November sweeps! The show needs to be injected by some adrenaline.

• Members

Can anyone tell me why, after watching today's show, Suzanne Rogers isn't featured on this show 3-4 days a week? I am absolutely glued to the screen every time that she's on. She's such a fantastic actress, and when I think of how many years her talent has been wasted, it's frustrating. She really can do it all, and is spot-on every time she's given the chance to shine.

Now, back to lurking...

• Members

I watched this week's episodes on YouTube, and you'd never know it was a sweeps month for this show. The storylines that were showcased this week were mind-blowingly dull, and I'm sorry, Melanie needs to go. The actress is reminds me of a young Adrienne Frantz, and that's not a good thing. I don't get why she appears to be the "star" of the show right now, the character is not that interesting.

The production on the show has also gotten REALLY BAD again (though not as bad as Whyman of course). I initially thought the lighting would be better, because I thought Ed Scott went too far in the dark extreme (I don't remember him lighting Y&R as dark at all), but Tomlin's lighting is bright and tacky. And OMG, those scenes with Lexie, Theo, and Chelsea in the park looked so fake. I laughed my ass off when Theo was rolling his truck on the "grass." That has to be the most fake looking piece of grass I've ever seen on daytime, and it was so obvious.

Archived