Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder if Scott will ever be back...at least he still exists.

I never knew he was on a show with Priya.

I know Adam Thomas gets a lot of stick for his acting, some deserved, but I thought he was good in the scenes with Victoria. Adam's always had a big ego and always been self-absorbed, and babied, and Victoria chose the worst possible time to tell him the news.

I think if James or Victoria had gone to him, he wouldn't have slept with Vanessa (whom I like a lot - although is it me or does she seem like a character who belongs on another soap?), but Chas took care of that!

I kind of wish we'd seen a little more between them. Adam is at his best when half-naked and making out.

So Bright Eyes what do you think of the stories at the moment?

Oh, and if people want me to spoiler tag my posts for the day, I guess I can. Sorry.

• Members

He's only supposed to be about 2-3 years older than Finn. She tried to kill him when he was 2 or 3 and Finn was a baby.

James banished her. She would watch them from afar until Pete was about 11 or 12, and he told her to steer clear for good.

• Members
So...finally watched today's (yesterday's) episode.
I knew they wouldn't let Finn be mad at Val for long - I guess I should be pleased it lasted for nearly a full episode! She let him see over and over how insecure she was and his heart is too big to resist. I think Joe Gill did a good job in balancing Finn's hurt with his anger. I just hope this isn't back to Finn being a total supporting character again, but oh well.
I'm not quite sure where they're taking Emma. Clearly they knew they'd set her up as such a psycho that fans would have expected her to be the vandal. I was genuinely surprised that she was able to get over her own issues with her kids not loving her enough to work things out between Finn and Val, instead of taking the opportunity to drive a permanent wedge between them.
There was a very interesting choice of words when Aaron told Adam to forget about his night with Vanessa. He said "delete." I couldn't help thinking back to when Robert deleted Katie's photo.
Adam didn’t seem happy at all with Aaron telling him to just drop it. I wonder if this was another way to tell us that he and Aaron are becoming more and more different. I also wonder if this was a way to tell us that he’s going to be furious when he finds out about Aaron and Robert.
Is it bad of me to say that when he said “it could have been anybody, and vice/versa” instead of saying, “It could have been any bird/girl/etc.” that I immediately filed that away for my headcanon of Adam having had sexual experiences with men?
Kerry is always such great entertainment. I loved her prank on Dan.
Laurel - well, we all knew that was coming, although I wasn't expecting to see her vomiting up or that she would fall down the stairs (!). Surprised they didn't take her for medical attention. Doug's shame and dismay at her just about broke my heart.
I knew Scott wouldn't be back, obviously, but I sure wish we'd gotten to see him at the wedding, likely with Kelly, both of them having a lengthy bitching session about Laurel.
Edited by DRW50

• Members
I'm not sure if anything on a soap today sums up "love the actress, disgusted by the character" the way Laurel does. Charlotte Bellamy was wonderful today, as was Duncan Preston (Doug), but everything about who Laurel has become makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. Lies on top of lies and a barely hidden rage (like that brief bitching about Donna), and she's just so pathetic.
I know Adam's basically just a walking hardon who consistently makes the wrong choice, but his whole quest to erase the voicemail was a lot of fun. Adam's a very believable character, and as much as a piece of [!@#$%^&*] as he often is, I still like him more than I should. I'm also liking that Victoria is in the middle of so many deceptions - it means she might have some great material when the truths about Adam/Vanessa and Robert/Aaron start to emerge.
It's nice that Val came clean, but it would be even nicer if more of this was actually about Finn. If we learn that Finn and Darren began dating again OFFCAMERA I will scream. I actually thought they were a nice match but they've barely even interacted and almost every time they do it's just for more forced conflict.
Jai is truly a pig. I have no idea why this character is still on the show.
Do Ruby and Ali ever kiss on the mouth?
I got so weirded out when I thought Priya was sitting in her father's lap.
Edited by DRW50

• Members

Joey Gill is so adorable in that video. I liked how Val and he sorta made up.

Agree with you re Adam. His stupidity is kinda endearing in a weird way. Did they actually manage to erase Victoria's phone message?

And Emma girl get over James. He's not that hot! In fact he's a little dusty. Chas and her could do better.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear