Dollhouse: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Administrator

DOLLHOUSE - Episode Information and Ratings (Numbers are from Nielsen Media Research)

Live+7 Total Viewers = Live Viewers + DVR playback up to 7 days later (Live + 7)

Live+SD Total Viewers = Live Viewers + Same Day DVR playback (Live + Same Day)

Live Total Viewers = Live Viewers

18-49 = Live + SD Numbers

Season 1

Episode 1.1: "Ghost"

Air Date: February 13, 2009

Written By: Joss Whedon

Directed By: Joss Whedon

Live+7 Total Viewers:

Live+SD Total Viewers: 4.76 million

Live Total Viewers:

18-49: 2.0/6

Episode 1.2: "The Target"

Air Date: February 20, 2009

Written By: Steven S. DeKnight

Directed By: Steven S. DeKnight

Live+7 Total Viewers:

Live+SD Total Viewers: 4.25 million

Live Total Viewers:

18-49: 1.7/5

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This and the Ent Weekly preview have me very excited--why do we have to wait till Jan?? And thank god not all the Dolls will be female but we get some hot male ones too ;)

I've been a Joss Whedon devotee since the third episode of Buffy back when it first aired (I originally missed the first two and only watched it in the first place cuz "that girl from All My Children" stared... ha) so very very excited.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I trust Joss Whedon's judgement but I like dark and this has me a bit worried (and Joss hangs with David Lynch? Crazy!) But c'mon if Lynch thinks your show is "Whuh?" doesn't that mean he gave it his highest praise?? I sense Whedon tryign to do damage control when his fans found out theyw ere reshooting.

Joss Whedon writes new Dollhouse pilot after David Lynch says “Whuh?”

After showing his Dollhouse pilot to fellow director David Lynch, Joss Whedon has decided to write a fresh opening episode for the new Fox series, set to begin airing at the start of 2009.

“I showed some scenes to David Lynch and he’s all, ‘Whuh?’ Bad sign,” Whedon wrote on his website blog, adding later that “There were some slight issues with tone. I was in a dark, noir kind of place and didn’t bring the visceral pop the network had expected from the script. The network was cool about it, but not sure how to come out of the gate with the ep.”

Fox confirmed that the decision had been made by Whedon. “Joss came to the realisation that there was a better way to start the show,” a spokesman commented. “After he wrote episode two, he asked the network to use that as episode one.”

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2262-joss-whed...lynch-says-whuh

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That concerns me a little as does the story of how he came up with this whole concept for Dollhouse. I don't think he really has a clear vision for this show. I really like JW so I'll show up just for that reason and hope that it's better than I expect it to be. I see Nate Fillion has a new show too. It seems like forever since FireFly.

• Members

Well to be fair a lot of Joss's concepts have come up very spur of the moment, and worked (Dr Horrible being the most recent example). But yeah that paragraph worries me too. I really don't think Joss--especially this early in the game--should be second guessing his impulses which are often what lead to his best work.

• Members

What show is Nathan Fillion doing? I'll have to check it out because I flove him.

I plan on tuning into Dollhouse and Joss has some time to tweak the way he wants the show to be viewed. He is a perfectionist by all accounts and he ususally has a pretty rich vision for his creations. I trust him to get it off the ground.

I'll tell you something else, I'm THRILLED that it's a midseason replacement. I think FOX which is notorious for pulling shows that don't get an immediate following in the fall may give the show more of a chance to get out there if they air it on the back 13.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm glad Dollhouse is going to be on Fridays, and paired with the Terminator show. Some people who go out on Fridays know how to work a PVR or VCR, so I hope it will be a success. Probably not though, stupid people don't get Joss Whedon and sadly idiots are the majority!

• Members

This has so much bad karma against it--the fact they had to reshoot the pilot cuz Joss claims David Lynch of all people found the original confusing (Lynch found it confusing? Does he watch his own things?) and so Joss didn'ty trust his frist instinct is bad enough, then they had to stop production mid way through the taped eps to change direction, and now this :(

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

I think it's a pretty cool concept.

So Echo is "built" from dead people's personalities - and it's just not from one person, it's from multiple people?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the team(?) (the 4 other people).

Archived