Mimi Torchin in TV Guide Canada

• Members

I've always liked Mimi Torchin a lot. Full of herself, sure, puts her foot in her mouth from time to time, of course. Cares about the genre like you wouldn't believe? You Bet.

If she was head of ABC Daytime I am certain we'd see a very different outlook. She hit the nail on the head: it's ageism! The youth demographic doesn't exist. Period.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mimi may have her faults, but I'd take her word ANY DAY over anything Carolyn Hinsey would say.

Mimi doesn't hold back in what she wants to say about soaps, this used to be the norm several years ago. However, now every soap journalist feels the need to kiss the soaps and the actors asses because if they don't, they won't get scoops or something.

• Members

God help us, if she ran ABC it would be even worse than now. And that says something. All it would do would consist of BAD storylines she's obsessed over.

Mimi lost any and all credibility when she started to pick arguements with fans over e-mail in regards to something they wrote in to SOW that she didn't agree with.

She's nothing more than a no-talent hack who finally got found out as NOT a journalist.

• Members

I co sign to this post. The woman is way too biased and finds nothing good in soap operas. If she hates what she sees on TV, why watch? Take a break for maybe a year and then come back to the shows. But a storyline could be written like gold and she would still do nothing but bitch and complain...she is also a card carrying AMC hater so that earns her a spot on my sh1t list. AMC could be like it was in the golden years of the late seventies/early 80s and late 80s/early to mid 90s and she would still be a card carrying hater.

What did she say about Kimberly? I loatheSt. Robin but I do like Kimberly

LOL and Mimi just oozes sex appeal! :lol:

I think they are both hacks and Hinsey should be replaced by someone at SoapTownUSA. Those columnists know how to write! :)

Yep you bet it would! She would just put him in every story, every episode, and have all characters pimp St. Ryan

• Members

LOL, exactly what I thought. Maybe she hasn't looked in the mirror lately? :lol:

Don't they already?

Oh and I think KMc is sexy when she wants to be, like Holly Marie Combs. Looks like the girl next door, but put her in the right clothes and make-up and wowza!

• Members

I like Mimi. I don't agree with everything she says, but a lot of what she says is true. And yes, as good as an actor David Canary is, he has become tiresome. He's like Eric Braeden on Y&R, the same bull repeatedly -which is why ironically I liked when LML tried to "humanize" him in a way. The Victor character is much better when he's subdued.

Archived