Mimi Torchin in TV Guide Canada

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you saying "thanks" because I linked this at Usenet? :-)

All, what Sylph may be pointing out is that Mimi takes credit for "introducing" spoilers to daytime...and acknowledges that this may have hurt the genre.

I don't have the discipline to spoiler free, but I believe that spoilers are a pox on the genre. Thanks to spoilers, I can almost never be surprised anymore.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't quote the line you did as an illustration of her "fullness of herself" because it's basically true what she says.

However, some people are allowed to be full of themselves. :D

• Members

Oh God...yeah, Pratt would totally botch a Stuart death plot. But I think that AMC has never really used Stuart effectively in the years I've been watching, and his death would spur some reflection and repentance from Adam that would add some dimension to the character and drive story for years (which, of course, wouldn't happen in the current soap environment).

I know I'm in the minority, but I just never cared for DC/Adam/Stuart. Yet I recognize that Adam is such a fixture in Pine Valley, and I've made my peace with the fact he'll always be around. I could like him a bit more, if his stories weren't so rinse-wash-repeat (i.e. pretending to be Stuart, having his family desert him only to have them come around, his abusive, controlling relationships with women).

• Members

Even though spoilers might have spoiled things. But I still would like to see how it plays out. I stop watching soaps for a while until I channel sufer & find a character or a actor that interest me. or when I read a spoiler that interest me. Then I watch that soap again.

• Members

mimi stopped being a journalist a LONG time ago. She's a hack who doesn't actually view the soaps, just latches on to bad storylines and obsesses over them, clouding anything else she's actually got to say. She's beyond full of herself, and needs to go back to not being heard from.

• Members

I can't remember word for word but it had Scrubs fans pissed royally.

She said something like Kimberly had no sex appeal and just bashed Kim's looks and whatnot.

IMO one shouldn't call themselves a journalist if they can't be impartial. Dislike someone, sure, but keep it OUT of your column

Archived