AMC: SOD Spoilers & Casting News (5/27 Issue)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always thought that Beth Chamberlin would make an incredible Liza. She's got screen presence and I could really see her going up against Canary's Adam as a force to be reckoned with. Someone should scoop her up...she's been working without a contract at GL for years. I don't see Ehlers/Canary clicking at all in any time of storyline that includes romance or even a memory of their romance.

• Members

I forgot about that connection! Julie's related to everyone. Palmer's son/Adam's nephew Ross is her adoptive father, and Erica's brother Mark is her biological father. She was going to law school when she exited Pine Valley almost 20 years ago.

• Members

I was just coming to write the same thing: Beth Chamberlin would have been a great Liza.

This whole thing is wrong on so many levels and the age issue is minor in comparison:

-the Tad & Liza pairing has never worked.

- Jake & Liza having feelings for each other again after all the ugly stuff that happened would make no sense

- the similarity (IMO) between Beth Ehlers and Cady McClain makes her return highly unlikely

- Instead of re-hiring Cady they hire BE as Liza and now Liza may be step-mom to Kate!?

- The Liza/Adam love story is impossible to imagine now

And all so they can have RPG and BE together. I could see this turning AMC fans against these two.

• Members

As much as I would love for Marcy Walker to return some day, I doubt it's ever going to happen. She has a whole new career now.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I think Beth Ehlers would make a great recast Liza. I think she has more range than Beth Chamberlain and could easily play Adam's ex wife. She's only a few years younger than the original and the writers could say she had a some work done.

I couldn't disagree more, LeClerc, about the potential for Liza now. She has history with Jake, Adam and Tad that has the potential to be emotionally powerful if the writers choose to tap into it. Why does she have to end up with Jake if she still has conflicting feelings for Adam & Tad?

Even if Ehlers ends up as a different character (Julie Chandler would be a great choice), I hope a recast Liza is on the horizon.

I think she's in Connecticut, but yeah, she's working for a church now.

• Members

I am excited that Beth is joining as Liza and not Hayley. Liza has a lot less strings for a sucesful comeback, and has a lot more conections to current canvas.

As much as I love Marcy, we all know she is never coming back. Kelly on the other hand would love to come home, and just has never been called.

Archived