AMC: SOD Spoilers & Casting News (5/27 Issue)

• Members

Thanks to Betty!

5/27 Issue

Angie & Jesse's wedding reception is interrupted when a gun-wielding Robert starts shooting at guests & then kidnaps the bride. Tad & Julia are both critically injured, & Greg takes a bullet to protect Cassandra.

Also at the wedding, ghost Dixie "dances" w/ Kathy (Kate)...Jackson finds Greenlee in tears & incorrectly assumes that Aidan confessed to the one-night stand, & is outraged. Jack asks Greenlee how Aidan could have confessed to his betrayal during the reception, & all hell breaks loose. Greenlee imagines what went down (expect racy Aidan/Kendall footage), which makes matters worse. Greenlee, Aidan, Zach, & Kendall convene in the lobby to deal w/ the reveal.

On 5/27, an upset Greenlee pulls Zach into a kiss...Alicia Minshew (Kendall) doesn't think the show is heading towards Greenlee/Zach having sex to get back at Kendall & Aidan...Ne-Yo performs at Angie & Jesse's wedding...Jack lets Kendall & Aidan's secret slip out to Greenlee...Dixie watches over those she loves at the wedding...

Performer of the week - Thorsten Kaye, for the one-night stand reveal scenes...

Executive producer Julie Carruthers answers a question about the seldom-seen Josh by explaining that because of the Martin family connection, she expects Josh will be connected to Jake's s/l...

A viewer loves the Erica/Carmen friendship, & how Carmen realizes that Jack is right for Erica, & wonders if pairing Sam w/ Carmen might make Sam more interesting.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to Carolyn Hinsey's blog , something they wrote in this week's SOW has since become incorrect.

So I'm guessing either she is not joining AMC after all or she will not be Liza.

BE would make a horrible RealLiza IMO. Liza was a great character when she was the ratings-obsessed manager of WRCW from 95-97. But when they made her into another Brooke she was pointless and boring. Nobody at AMC currently (Carruthers, Frons, the writers) know RealLiza.

ETA: Angela beat me to it.

• Members

Oh that's just great. Liza & Tad are despised. Nice slap in the face to Tad/Dixie fans. And Jake shouldn't want anything to do with Liza either. If BE is Liza I bet she will be Liza in name only, they won't write her as Liza should be written.

Guess Dixie won't be back.

AND this increaseses the probability of the insufferable Rylee pairing.

• Members

[quote name='Kyle' date='May 14 2008, 08:14 AM' post='589761'

Executive producer Julie Carruthers answers a question about the seldom-seen Josh by explaining that because of the Martin family connection, she expects Josh will be connected to Jake's s/l...

She said that would happen in May Sweeps too, which is over in one week! His big Cambias story consisted of about 2 scenes. Now she expects him to be connected to Jake's story? Which means he isn't. What about his mother in jail? Colin's contract is up in this summer and it's not looking good.

• Members

Beth Ehlers has been talking to AMC for such a looong time. Glad to see they worked it out. I never really believed she'd actually swap coasts and join Y&R, or stay with CBS at all, for that matter.

I'm thinking Carolyn Hinsey could be referring to the fact that she's not going to play Liza after all. Because, her joining AMC is a done deal.

• Members

Ehlers as Liza is ridiculous casting. Liza is supposed to be around 13/14 years older than Jake. The age difference was somewhat apparent with Walker/Lowery, since she did look older than him. Goldin actually looks older than Ehlers! Geez, these types of stunts almost always backfire. I think Ehlers would make a great Julie Chandler (Palmer's granddaughter, Adam's niece), and would be a wonderful way to continue the nearly extinct Cortlandt family.

• Members

ITA. At her peak, Liza Colby was Adam Chandler's equal. Now she's going to be even more of a pod than she was when she left. And she's going to look like Dixie!

I think what Hinsey was referring to (the part of the story that has since changed) is the statement in SOW that GL would not re-cast Harley. I just can't see BE and AMC talking for all this time, finally striking a deal, and then changing who she was to play at the last minute.

If GL was smart they'd go after Cady to play Harley! Then they would win this casting war.

• Members

They have been despised by me for 25 years. I turned off AMC a few years ago when Tad was having sex with her (along with Krystal and Simone). They couldn't pay me to watch AMC to see them again.

Archived