The More Things Change, the More They Remain the Same

Toups

• Administrator

Daytime Emmy Noms 2008: The More Things Change, the More They Remain the Same

By Marlena De Lacroix

I first attended and wrote about the Daytime Emmys in 1980 and I should be over them by now. But two things never change. 1) No matter how many times they have been revised or have been updated over the years, the nomination and award processes are still inequitable and unfair. 2) There is always one irritating thing that happens along the way with either the nominations or awards that’s so egregious, Marlena explodes with rage! Read More

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised she didn't discuss the Younger Actress category. While the fact that Kathy wasn't nominated still stuns me to no end, at least the majority of the actresses in that category have solid work on their tapes. The Younger Actress category, on the other hand, is baffling.

Hopefully, like the Emmys for primetime a couple of years ago, the voters will update their "friends" list and nominate people with actual talent rather than those with connections. For years, "The Sopranos," "ER," and "The West Wing" would win as if the award genetically matched their DNA. But newbies like "Grey's Anatomy," "3rd Rock," and "House" took over. And thank goodness. I hope to God Daytime can shift their attention to those folks. And they wonder why their ratings suck.

Archived