Laura Wright must be rolling in her grave

Kendall

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nicole deserved her nomination due to the compelling Tammy's death storyline with the help of her co-star of Robert Newman, Kim Zimmer, and Tom Phelphrey. IMHO, she will be the dark horse in the leading actress nomination race.

Laura Wright as Cassie never had any meaty storyline to put her in the front burner during the eight years she was on GL nor had the right storyline to showcase her talent. If she would've stayed on GL longer I strongly believed Laura would've gotten the nomination as much as Nicole.

• Members

Well I watched during the time of Tammy's death. She was okay but not Emmy worthy by any means.

LW had some good stuff this past month and could get a nom but it is too early to tell for a nomination but she is already at a disadvantage for not being on CBS.

• Members

It's just ridiculous how ABC was almost shut out. I mean, no female ABC ladies got nominations. Only 3 actors from ABC (and not to mention the Emmys are ON ABC this June) were nominated. This is just wrong, IMO.

Farah kinda looked pissed when her and JP were naming off the nominations haha

• Members

I agree. I can't think of many actresses who have realistically portrayed the sense of loss that NF did during the months after Tammy's death. Part of it was the writing and the fact that the show allowed her to have a lot of scenes over a period of months where she went from being totally numb and in shock to pure rage, but I think Nicole played those scenes very well. I'm actually surprised she's being recognized. A lot of actresses can play shattered in the moment (KKL just did an excellent job with Storms death) and those people usually get all the attention, but I think playing someone who is grieving long term is very different, so I'm glad she got a nod for that.

Archived