AMC: Tuesday, April 8

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope Jill Larson finds herself back on contract, or at least gets the same recognition of some heavily recurring stars at ABC like Cat Hickland on OLTL.

I also hope that the younger set (Alicia, Cameron, Melissa, Aiden) take notes from Darnell and Debbi in the acting department. Their subtle performances is what makes them so great. I forgot how wonderful these two were. No wonder they have well deserved emmys.

• Members

I never understood why they wanted to make Jill recurring. I LOVE her in the role of Opal!!!!! Opal could definitely be used in quite a few storylines on the canvas. I DVR'd yesterday and Monday's episodes but have not watched them yet, but I think I am going to have to tonight. I wonder if all this history rememberance has something to do with Nixon?????

• Members

Right.

But they put Jill on 'recurring' to save money. I believe people on 'recurring' only get paid for the appearances that they make, as opposed to someone on contract who gets paid regardless.

They probably keep JM on contract out of respect.... like they did with Ruth Warrick.

• Members

I would love Petey to come home. Or better yet, walk down stairs into the parlour, take one look at Richie, and say, "Who the hell are you?"

I would love Petey to still be a wise-cracking, one-liner like his big brother Tad. Palmer would obviously be growing tired of his way ward ways and put pressure on him to take his studies seriously so that he could one day take over Cortlandt Electronics.

His best friend of course would be Colby Chandler, who had a little crush on him when they were kids. Colby would be his greatest confidant for his greatest secret, Petey is gay.

This would give so many people some really great character driven storylines. Opal was so caring and accepting of Kevin and Bianca, but could she be the same way with her own son? Petey would struggle with coming to terms with his sexuality, going so far to date Colby. He thinks his father would be more accepting of him dating a Chandler, than being a homosexual. All of Palmer's pressure for him to become his heir cause Petey to come to a boiling point where he finally is forced to come out to his family. Palmer reaches for his heart, and is rushed to the hospital. Now Palmer is ailing health, Petey is guilt ridden thinking he may have taken more years off of his life.

Man would that be a storyline. Jill and James would shine. Ambyr would be given some meaty material. It all comes down to if they can cast a good younger actor as Petey (preferbly a red head like his momma Opal).

Archived