Y&R: Week of March 24, 2008

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching Monday's CDN/Tuesday's US episode and I'm loving it. A lot of character interaction, very stylish and sleek, many characters on, and there's humor with the séance (which I think is another indirect way of making fun of LML's séance from some time back). I wish Y&R (and soaps in general) would do more of these group gatherings, and Ashley needs to come back. I bet Eileen sooo wants to return now that things seem to be looking up. I feel sorry for Katherine, something is really going on with her. So far, so good, by the new writers.

Me too. Instead of the "woe is me" crap, they should write Lily more sassy. She reminds me of Adrianna on OLTL. Nothing like their mother, with occasional glimmers of hope.

• Members

Newman Ranch, Séance Time: Victor and Ramona ahem Sabrina flirting or sth. else...

Chancellor Estata, Séance Time: Esther amidst Jill & Kay bickering. That's how it should be done...

Abbot Estate, Séance Time: Jana talking about inhaling and exhaling as GhóstJohn is tipsyturvy. Me on the floor...

Chancellor Estata, one minute past Séance Time: Jill returns to do some more bickering...

Fashion critique: I'm all for Jill being dressed to the nines and glittery but this dress so sreams 80s garage sale. LOL! On a different note: I want Josh Morrow's suit, stat!

• Members

Yeah, the séance was a riot. I love the actress playing Jana, so that also was a plus for such a camptacular event.

Victor & Sabrina are killing me on the other hand: TGVN sitting in a leather jacket whilst eating. WTF, Eric!? And arretez parler all this fake-french you two. At least they both can actually speak French but it is just so embarassing that they switch not just amidst sentences but in sentences. This makes they're relationshp even more cringeworthy.

• Members

I've actually seen interviews with Emily where she has an American accent. Though IMBD lists her birthplace as Bedfordshire, England, she was raised in the US.

Anyway, you can totally see the difference getting rid of Latham makes. Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld can actually write good scripts, who knew they had it in them under Latham?

Anyway, it's been a solid week thus far and the comedic elements on Y&R at the moment are amoung the best in daytime. Good character interaction overall and characters are written true to form.

Archived