Y&R: Week of March 03, 2008

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The photo shoot... I don't know what was funnier: Chloe or Christel Khalil's acting. :lol:

Memo to the writers: CK can't do funky. Realize it!

Speaking of bizarre acting: Amelia Heinle girlfriendish with Sabrina is also quite interesting to look at. A trainwreck in the making. Sabrina is such a Ramona-clone. And her wanting to see Victor's art collection - talk about subtlety. LOL

Does anyone care for Nikki & David? I really liked the piano music at their GCAC scene though.

A so-so episode.

• Members

Okay, I don't like Sabrina. I hope they don't keep her on the show. The actress makes some weird acting choices, and at times she seems out of context with the scene. The show is in transition right now, so I don't mind the tediousness. Hopefully, all this slowness will lead to exciting times ahead, unlike LML whom started off with a bang, but quickly deteriorated to a whimper.

• Members

I'm not a regular viewer but I saw bits of Tuesday's episode and it was *dull* which seems to be the pervading theme in the Bell soaps at the mo. The Nick/Phyllis/Sharon/Jack quad was like something out of Stepford, the Sabrina chick was slappably pretentious. Absolutely nothing grabbed me.

• Members

I knew Sabrina reminded me of someone! Of course she's a Ramona clone! Guess what that means: SHE'S A FLOP! Dump the character/actress NOW before you piss off the audience.

Also, just hook up Jill and Victor, they got together, briefly in the early 1990s, it's time for a Jictor revival!

I really like Adam and Phyllis. I hope she cheats because she and Nick are dull, real dull.

• Members

IA about the actress who plays Sabrina. Her delivery is stilted and unnatural which is odd given that her English/American is obviously top-notch.

The other problem is... who is Sabrina? I don't have a real grasp of this character. I don't even find her mysterious or enigmatic. Perhaps its the fact that she's linked with AH, who sometimes plays Victoria like she's in a vaccuum. When Victoria is/was until recently so ill-defined, how on earth are we supposed to get a handle on her BFF?

I know plenty of French women (my mom being one of them!) who are funny, earthy and alive, so much more than this passive character, so I'm disappointed that TPTB haven't gone beyond the stereotypes for somebody who is obviously there to kick off some new SLs for the Newmans. Perhaps the Marion Cotillard backlash will mean we will see the character removed from our screens soon?

What I would love, though, would be for Sabine Singh to be the Sabrina recast. She's got that Euro gloss and background, but she's also got fire, anger and vulnerability to make Sabrina interesting. Like, Tricia interesting!

• Members

I'm not sure if the director has any say over this, but I find it extremely ironic that Dean LaMont, Phideaux Xavier and Jill Ackles all usually use the "new age" music on Y&R, with few exceptions. And when Sally McDonald directs, suddenly all the wonderful Y&R music is on display!

God, Daniel and Amber are so good together!

• Members

They are, it's downright scary! Now tell me why Amber and every single piece of scenery Amber has been involved in her 1 1/2 years in GC so far has so tormenting when this pairing is so downright fabulous!?

I noticed it about the music, too. I really don't like most of these "new age" themes; they are so cheap and corny. Sally McDonald is also a producer so she has way more say in how "her" episodes look or sound on-screen...

Waht I really liked about Wed's show BTW was Adam strutting in the Newman living room and scheming in his twisted mind. Bring. It. On.

Archived