GL: Actor Exits Once Again

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Tom Pelphrey but GL is definitely over-reliant on him for lack of an story-telling talent on the part of David Kreizman. And if what Noel says is true, well, I am no fan of Kim Zimmer. But if these three actors go, I cannot see which actors will carry GL for much longer. Production changes or no production changes.

• Members

Believe me, you share the same sentiments as a lot of others on different message boards. My question is... if these rumors are somewhat true, then are these actors truly unhappy with the direction of the show altogether with the Executive Producer?

• Members

Beth Ehlers can't leave "Guiding Light" Emmy-less! Why must the good ones leave empty handed? I hope this is just a rumor, but I can't say I would blame her. And I may not be the biggest Zimmer fan, but given the way there writing the show, it would be awful for them to lose her.

• Members

I'd rather leave a show award-less if I weren't happy with the direction of the show. I'm not speaking for Beth Ehlers, but that's just how I am in general... :) I think a lot of mixed emotions are going on behind-the-scenes at Guiding Light. JMO

• Members

We all knew Tom Pelphrey returned for short-term only to wrap up his story and I cannot understand why the SOW magazine make it sound like he's quitting all on his own. IMO, they are just trying to sell their magazine with misleading, shocking made-up facts about Tom's "short-term" return.

I predict both Kim Zimmer and Beth Ehlers will "re-sign" with the show since they've been with the show long enough to get what they want and when they want. Both of these actresses love and support their crew and cast, isn't this the same rumor last year in regards to Crystal Chappell leaving and everyone thought she was a goner? She stayed on as she knows she is loyal to the show despite of her bi-coastal commute.

As for Robert Bogue (A.C.), I think he will stay since he has family and from my watching him on the show, promotional videos, and the "Hands On" America charity--he seems to be having a lot of fun, but I could be wrong.

Ricky Paull Goldin leaving the show was not a surprise and we thought he was going to win an Emmy last year (boy was he robbed). IMHO, I think he's burned-out professionally (7 years is a long time to be on a soap) and with the passing of his father he needed a change of scenery to keep his career going with no ill-feelings toward GL. Good Luck Ricky.

I can see GL needing to fill in the role of Philip Spaulding soon, I hear that Matthew Ashford is free and he'd be perfect for that role. Matthew is a familiar face with the P&G family since he was on "Search for Tomorrow." Also they will more than likely be bringing back Edmund (David Andrew MacDonald) by summer or fall of this year.

• Members

SOW is always about rumors since ALL actors' contract are restricted to be elaborated to the media/public about their contract details. Remember the nasty rumor about DAYS Lauren Koslow (Kate) being fired or let go from the show when it was far from the truth? Rumors is a great tool to get people riled up and sell magazines fast, considering the stagnant national economy the magazine industries are desperate to sell a lot of mags.

• Members

Rocket Man you are one good poster.

You make sense, you see things how they are.

Too many lack that quality.

Kudos for a great post.

You remind me alot of Landon who was probably the best poster on this board at one time.

• Members

Rumor has it that since RPG's announcement that he's leaving the show, Bogue's agent has been approached early to get him to stay at Guiding Light, so it looks like Bogue will not be leaving early after all.

So, if Gus is leaving, then I wonder which leading GL lady will have her man back?

Archived