ALL: William Bell Interview

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You've always been more of a Bell fan though--in terms of the soaps you watch etc. I'm vice versa. Honestly--confident? Agnes seems to know exactly what she's talking about, has a killer memory for actor names and storylines--I dunno. I don't get your point. *starts war of the soap creators*

is it on youtube too? Google vid hates my system :(

H

• Members

Yes, I was more of a Bell fan, but I've watched all of Agnes's soap operas over the years and I'm a big fan of hers. I just didn't like the way she spoke about him in that interview. I watched it quite a while ago and I'll have to find the exact moment she talks about it for you to see. Now I'm just waiting for someone to pop up and accuse me of being Brad Bell for the fiftieth time... :P

Apparently... It's not. What browser do you use? Are you a PC or Mac user?

Yes, we can, Cat! Yes, we can!

• Members

Is it just me or did Bill Bell come across at times as vague and forgetful at times during the interview?

Knowing that he suffered from Alzheimer's I can't help but wonder if he was in the early stages at this time.

I have enormous admiration for the man and mean no disrespect.

• Members

Sylph the Agnes bit on Brad Bell is in the final part which is only 12 mins long. I really do wanna know what you think--you might find rewatching that bit interestign anyway cuz she's asked about a number of soap people and i think it's clear who she likede more or not (check out her answera bout Roy Winsor)

I got the google vid to work for me for Bell--it wasn't working earlier but seems fine now (i'm on a PC) so I'll try to watch it over the day. For the record he IS probably my second fave soap creator (I won't count Irna cuz she started her work so far back) even if I admit a huge part of my soap heart goes to Agnes and all her creations--and I also think I slightly prefer her more downto earth/humour/issues story form of soaps... Though it's relative

• Members

I always wondered why no one tried to publicly out me till date. :P There are days I'm under the impression that I know B&B better than he does.

But this must be your sexy Brad Bell avatar, Sylph. How did Cat call posterboy once: Nerdy McNerdingham? LOL!

@ Paul Raven: As someone who witnessed Alzheimer progressing on a family member first hand, it could be the earliest stages of Alzheimers with Bill Bell. Yet, it could also be just normal aging. We tend to pin it down to Alzheimers nowadays (which is irrelevant anyway since medical treatments do hardly have an effect at all) but I'm critical about it.

I liked this interview a lot. I've the greatest admiration for this man. He created characters and shows not just for the quick fix but the longterm. I can't think of a creator/writer/producer of his kind these days. Maybe David E. Kelly but that's it.

Archived