Lord of the Rings: Why didn't they freaking kill Frodo?!

DevotedToAMC

• Members

I could not stand this character and hated him with every fiber in my body. All he did was whine, bitch, moan, and act all powerful like he was some HIGH HO of Middle Earth but basically did very little on the journey. When it came to battling the bad ones, everyone else did what they could to fight them off but never Frodo. I guess since he had the ring he could just do what he damn well pleased. *yawn*

Then he does not, at first, toss the ring into the fire...yea nice going! You lead Sam all that way and it could have been for nothing. Seriously, if I were Sam, I would have just pushed him into the fire with the ring!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I hate LOTR in general. I could not stand the books and the movies were even worse. The book at least had some substance in my mind, but the movies messed a lot up. I mean the ending in itself was wrong.

But i agree about Frodo. He was a whiny little idiot.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Well... You know, Frodo kind of did die. Remember when Galadriel in the middle of The Two Towers says "The strength of the Ring-bearer is failing. In his heart, Frodo begins to understand... The quest will claim his life." The Ring sucked out the majority of his life force - he was a Ring-bearer for 17 years, and the wound he had from Morgul blade didn't help.

That's why, two years after the destruction of the Ring, he and Bilbo were granted passage to Valinor, The Land of the Powers. Valinor was a place the Valar built for themselves that was once a part of the World, but was at one point removed from it and could only be reached by the Elves following the straight road that was built for them.

FRODO (V.O): How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand. There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep. That have taken hold.

Was this annoying and boring? :lol::P

Archived