ALL: Two Soaps up For GLAAD Media Award

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the fact that amc got a nod is LOL worthy. that storyline was awful. the wriritng for it sucked. and it was not a good rep for the LGBT comm, IMHO..

Nuke needs to win this. There is no doubt about it. Granted the past few months have sucked, but all storylines ahve high and low points and evenw hen luke is at a low they are still rather good, IMHO.

• Members

I HATE this attitude (sorry if that sounds harsh). The story invovled lesbians, and GLAAD has always dealt with gender issues and transexuality as well. I do agree that it's too bad so many people get gender identity and sexuality mixed up but I think the attitude many gays seem to have about transexuals "dirtying" their "cause" by being looped in with them is just as bigoted as the bigots we have to face as gays.

I think NUKE was the better written story partly cuz it was/is long term (even if we see them once a month now... and they hug when we see them). So I'd pick it to win.

That said I never got the Zarf/Zoey hate. it was by FAR the best thing on AMC last Spring (which was a horrible low for AMC in general but) It had some great writing and acting--and I thought it would be hideous when I first hear dabout it. it did what AMC used to do best--creating issue storylines that were well done, and educated audiences about an issue in an entertaining way. I know most of my fellow AMC fans on here disagree but...

Archived