Which Soap Is Currently The Best?

• Members

In my opinion: BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! Bringing Kay Alden on board was the best thing Brad Bell has done in years! B)

The writing has improved markedly, more characters are now in frontburner SLs, the camp humor is back, bringing back the Logans as a rival family to the Forresters was a masterstroke, Patrick Duffy and Ally Mills are putting in sensational performances, and actors such as Susan Flannery and Katherine Kelly Lang have never been better!

B&B deserves a lot more than a 2.8 rating: it's being dragged down by the albatross of a ruined Y&R.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B has done a great job, though I feel like the stories go around in circles like any other show. Stephanie manipulates, Brooke throws herself at men and Taylor scoops up her rejects. In the wake of rape and realizing childhood abuse, nobody really changed. The addition of Ann and Pam Douglas was wonderful, but Donna does nothing for me. What became of Phoebe's singing career? That got as much follow through as Gwen's on ATWT. I forget which critic recently said no soap could claim the title of 2007's best, but I'd agree.

• Members

I agree with many of the posters about B&B being the best soap on the air right now. They have been utilizing a lot of the cast and vets. I have really enjoyed the mystery around who shot Stephanie. I love how everyone looked guilty in the beginning and each character is slowly being eliminated as the culprit. And the character of Pam is just too funny!! :D

I will say that I enjoyed Y&R last week for the first time in a little while. It seems like some of these storylines that have been going on for years are finally beginning to be wrapped up. And it is about time.

Archived