Big Brother 9: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may take that day off to watch it!

My favorite reality TV show in the winter....makes me so happy....

We totally have to play a Big Brother game after the holidays. I'll host it, I am just to busy right now for it, but after the holidays we should so play one!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK RETURNS!!

So excited, I can't even wait! So many nights last year, nothing at all happened. But then other nights, the drama was palpable! Remember everyone getting to watch Daniele shiver and cry in the cold 'rain' as she battled it out on BBAD against Dick and Zach for the final HoH? Dick burning Jen with the cigarette as it cuts abruptly to commercial? Classic [!@#$%^&*]!

Also, the last line of this press release confirms that it will be a full three month season... not just a six week season as was rumored before. Sweetness!

Here's the press release...

SHOWTIME ANNOUNCES RETURN OF BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK

Big Brother: After Dark, an exclusive live three hour feed of the first winter edition of the CBS hit reality series BIG BROTHER starting Tuesday, February 12th at 12:00 AM ET/PT on SHO2

LOS ANGELES, CA – (January 8, 2008) – CBS and Showtime will once again partner to bring viewers Big Brother: After Dark, an exclusive, live televised look inside the BIG BROTHER house after the network prime-time cameras have been turned off. Big Brother: After Dark will feature a live television feed from the "Big Brother" house for three hours (12:00–3:00 AM, ET/PT), seven days a week, on the cable network's SHO2 multiplex channel beginning Tuesday, February 12th at 12:00 AM ET/PT. The announcement was made today by Robert Greenblatt, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc.

“Big Brother: After Dark was a big success for us at bringing an audience to very late night time periods on SHO2. This began as an experiment with our friends at Endemol and CBS, and I'm happy that it worked so well for all of us,” said Greenblatt. “I'm amazed at how much curiosity there is about what goes on in the Big Brother house after the lights are out, but what better place to present that than on SHOWTIME where we have a lot of on-air real estate in the wee hours of the morning.”

The first winter edition of BIG BROTHER will premiere on CBS Tuesday, February 12th and air every Tuesday at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Wednesday at 8:00 PM ET/PT and Sunday at 8:00 PM ET/PT. The series follows the relationships and conflicts of players who live together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day. One by one, the houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end of three months, the last remaining houseguest will receive the grand prize.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

From RealityBBQ:

(none of this has been 100% confirmed, by the way)

The extras are in the house right now getting everything working and ready for February 12th, but we can give you an inside view of what the house looks like!

* The house is extremely colorful - so colorful that it might take us time to get used to.

* The living room and kitchen are decorated like a winter cabin "on crack" -- logs and stones, like the wallpaper on the third level during BB8 -- to match the winter season. They even have that basement-esque white birch mural paper up in the Diary Room! The living room also sports a circular couch for the big happy houseguest family.

* The third level is no longer the log wallpaper and is instead bookshelf wallpaper. I sense themes… everywhere.

* The "Head of Household" room has a surfer theme! The other bedrooms have low walls which divide up a little bit of individual space for the houseguests (to promote sexual activity?) - great idea! One room has a nautical them! Fun.

* The backyard now sports a firepit to keep the houseguests warm on the frosty winter nights. The pool is also heated now!

• Members

This was posted by Jokerette, an admin at Joker's.

-------------------------------------------------

This could be true, or BS. I have no clue. A guy dropped into chat... and said the new house is very colorful. That the backyard has firepits and a heated pool.

The kitchen/dining room is decorated like a cabin in the woods, for winter. HOH is a surfer-like room.

Diary Room is weird looking. It won't have the crunchy paper. The hamsters go in next Friday. They're already in sequester... "because Julie Chen has begun filming Entertainment Tonight segments... and will reveal a secret sooner than expected."

If both BB's do well this year, we'll get 2 BB's next year as well. 6 women 6 men. Plus 2 more women and 2 more men... who will be at a different location (like UK BB) and have different rules. (Personally, I think this particular information is too advanced to be accurate. Plus, it's confusing, LoL!)

Evel Dick will have a small role "in the way that he will only be doing promo commercials for Showtime... nothing else."

"Listen to the song (in the promos). Dirty Little Secret. It's a first person lyric... first person being Big Brother... meaning the houseguests don't have secrets.. the house does. Meaning there could be more people somewhere else. And different rules."

And there you have it. Is any of it true? We'll find out shortly, I imagine!

-------------------------------------------------------

Sounds interesting if true!

Archived