Favorite moments for primetime soaps

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DALLAS: Any sort of interaction between Linda Gray and Larry Hagman was flat out delicious. I especially liked all of the fights JR and Sue Ellen engaged in regarding John Ross. And when Sue Ellen got sober, she was a force.

DYNASTY: Any scene featuring Joan Collins was a winner for me. She made that show.

FALCON CREST: This will sound dumb...but in the opening credits when Susan Sullivan would whirl around with her hair blowing in the wind. So glamorous and she did it every single season.

KNOTS LANDING: When Abby said to Val "Maybe I'm having an affair with Gary. Maybe I'm not. But you should know that I can have him anytime, anywhere I like" which caused Val to slap her!

MELROSE PLACE: I liked when Brooke drowned in the pool ("Nobody's home. Nobody cares.") and basically whenever Heather Locklear got angry. Fun time that show was.

• Members

aww melrose... hwne i was like 9 i had that posted of Heather L and it said "mondats are a bitch!" lol. all my friends were like "ur parents let you have a poster that says bitch?" and i was like damn skippy... lolz. memories.

anyways...

Dawsons Creek - the finale. by far the best episode. the best moment was when jen broke down about not wanting to die and leave her daughter alone. michelle williams > life.

when Buffy killed Angel in buffy season 2 finale.

when Cordy "woke up" from her coma and got angel back on track, then we find out she died and Cordy made TPTB give her a favor.

does anytime billy campbell was nekked on once & again count? it should.

on One Tree Hill when they reinacted how Naley met and fell in love, and lucas and peyton, as nathan and haylee, were in bed and brooke was watching. then peyton told brooke she was in love with luc. (oh... and when broke blew up in peytons wall and pointed out lucas was hers. his name was on her side of the wall! greatness!!)

Degrassi: TNG - Season 4 start (i think..) its called Ghost In The Machine. Paige finnally takes Dean, her rapist, to court - and loses. Later shes drunk at a party and takes spinner keys. gets in his car and spots Deans car and crashs them. Pretty much it was Paige hitting bottom. great stuff there.

• Members

Melrose Place with Kimberly taking off her wig in the bathroom, revealing monstrous scars from brain surgery.

There was a scene with Allison and her lunatic ex boyfriend. They were talking on the phone and he blew his brains out while talking to her. I still remember that. It creeped the hell out of me.

• Members

Dallas: There's J.R.'s shooting, of course, but I recall fondly when J.R. sent a couple of his goons to stop Sue Ellen from leaving with John Ross at the airport...only to be thwarted by a couple of goons sent by Clayton and Dusty Farlow.

Dynasty: Although it was over-the-top, and it ruined what little credibility the show had, I thought the Moldavian Massacre was compelling. (And had some core cast members actually died, it would've been even better.)

Falcon Crest: The penultimate season was the only season of FC I enjoyed. Therefore, it's only natural that my favorite moment from that show - Maggie shooting and killing Senator Ryder, who was attempting to assassinate Richard Channing - come from that year.

Knots Landing: Gosh, so many. Three that stick out in my mind, however, are Ciji Dunne's body washing up on the shore, Dr. Ackerman, on the run and confronted by Mack and Karen, taking his own life with a gun from the glove compartment of his car, and Val coming face-to-face with Harry Fisher as he was driving off with one of his twins.

• Members

Which one? "Dynasty" was practically wall-to-wall catfights.

One good confrontation, though, occurred between Alexis and Dominique at (I think) La Mirage. You know, the one where Dominique smiles, says, "I forgot to thank you for my birthday present, Alexis," then slaps the taste out of her mouth.

Succinct, to the point, and without anyone having to muss her hair, dirty her gown, or smudge her makeup.

• Members

Beverly Hills, 90210:

*Brenda runs away from home to be with Dylan

Dallas:

*JR is shot

*Bobby's "death" (referring only to how he was originally "killed")

*Pam crashes into an oil tanker

Dawson's Creek:

*Pacey has an affair with a teacher

Knots Landing:

*Sid's death

I'm sure I have a lot more favorite moments, but unfortunately my memory is bad since it has been so long since I have watched these shows.

Archived