The Impulse Buying Thread

Drew

• Members

similar concept to the "New DVD Thread", everytime you make one of those kinda big but totaly frivelous purchases ... post it.

I'll start.

My friend convinced me into buying an iPod Nano by going "you know you want it" a million times. She's very nice though ... all black, and skinny. And like $320 later .... *gasp*

^_^

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just bought a brand new computer a couple of days ago. My old one (have had it 5 years now) was getting irritating and I wanted a new one anyway. I'd looked at a few, but hadn't really *seriously* considered buying a new one. Anyway, I bought a brandnew Gateway off the shelf at Office Depot. Pent. 4 HT (old one was only Celeron), XP Media Center (old one was Me *ugh*), DVD burner, 2 gig harddrive (old one was only 16 gig). Plopped down the $680 (including tax) for it (I liked the price point) and off I went. Had the thing set up and all my programs installed in the span of a couple of hours. Now all I need is to buy a TV Tuner (the only thing I wish it had, but it didn't. THe one with a TV tuner was an HP and was $1,000 and I didn't want to go that high) and I'll be set. I love it! I never realized my old comp was so *slow* until this one.

• Members

Here lately I havent had the money for a big spend, but back last semester I needed some basketball shoes and bought soem Jordans which were 124.99 plus tax. I actually think they are uncomfortable when playing basketball, so I have only worn them about 10 times total since February/March. Big waste of money, all thanks to my credit card.

• Members

Wow Drew. You read my mind. I was just thinking about all the stuff I bought this past weekend, by impulse, that I shouldn't. How about that.

Let's start with

ER Season 1

Heathcliff Terrorizes The Neighborhood

Madagascar (which is OK for my niece)

[!@#$%^&*] load of stuff for my fish tank

and the list goes on and on

• Members

I couldn't sleep one night back in July so I started flipping through the channels and saw a computer that I wanted. I wasn't able to get it due to me being young and Dell not wanting to finance to young people. I posted a thread on the old SON asking what type should I get instead. Someone recommended a gateway and I gave up. About a week later I couldn't sleep again and came across the Home Shopping Network. I saw a really awesome Gateway computer that I liked that was super fully loaded. I immediately went online and bought it.

• Members

I just bought a brand spankin new notebook (laptop) computer. It was an awesome price for it though, considering, around $750. Included was a small printer as well as a carrying case.

Not bad. Never should a bought it, but I did... LOL.

Now I just gotta get my damn DSL working on it and I'll be set. I know I need a wireless router, or something like that, but I e-mailed Bellsouth (my provider) to see the right one I should get. There's another $100 probably down the damn tube... LOL.

So yeah. I rarely impulse buy (I usually buy a tv show on DVD every other paycheck) but I just had to... LOL.

• Members

LOL Cameron!

I love my new laptop. The only annoying thing is getting used to the "mouse" and the keyboard layout. The keyboard is way up top and the mouse is on the bottom, smack in the middle. I'm used to my old way, LOL.

So, it's gonna take me a while to get used to it... but I will, lol. I've wanted a laptop for years...

Archived