Jean Passanante celebrates six years at ATWT

• Members

You know TPTB at WB canceled Angel one week after its 100th episode. They celebrated the show's 100th and even said they have hopes it would go on for another 100. Of course, I though Angel lost its charm in the 5th season, but it was still a good show. THIS? It's just pure crap at its best.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to be OT.....

Hell yeah! Before the 100th eppy, I said it was so gone it should be canceled rather than go on as a shell of it's former self. I never thought the show would be the real thing in the 100th. Then it had some puppet eppy and the news hit. Of course, I was sad when it really ended, but I was also shocked it really ended. I guess I was hoping the 6th season would bring back Cordy.

That said, letting Charisma Carpenter go was the dumbest move they ever did! I stopped watching after the 4th season when they destroyed Cordy. I came back to watch the 100th to see her only to watch her die. UGH. The finale was not satisfying at all, but I still had hope it would be fixed in the 6th season. If Willow could bring back Buffy, she could bring back Cordy. Oh well.............

Great banner, btw!

• Members

Ah I still loved Angel in its 5th season (I liked how the WB asked them to make the show more self contained episode wise but they still managed to have some good story arcs). But I agree it lost something--still the whole Illyria (sp?) etc stuff was great.

I think one problem was didn't Jeff B becomes show runner with the fifth season? Tim Minear had been show runner for the two best years, 3 and 4 (when the show became the best primetime supernatural soap I've ever seen--yes even over Buffy)

• Members

Leo/Greenlee/Jake is my alltime favorite AMC love triangle. Both couples (Leo/Greenlee and Jake/Greenlee) had tons of chemistry and it was hard to decide who to root for but to me it came down to Leo/Greenlee....he brought out her fun and adventure side while Jake got her to mature. They were both good for Greenlee and now I am starting to see more Jake/Greenlee with Aidan/Greenlee...he is getting her to grow up and just have fun (but she still needs to be held accountable for Spike's deafness)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first indication of Passanante's incapabilities of head writing a five episode per week TV series (let us not kid ourselves, it is difficult, to say the least) was her tenure on OLTL as HW, alongside Laiman, after Michael Malone left. How on earth did Passanante become HW of AMC? Another thing I find weird is Elizabeth Page. How did Page manage to co-HW AMC with Nixon. Was it because ABC Daytime and/or Nixon were very pleased with her ideas?

Do not forget that Passanante & Goutman are close friends.

• Members

Passanante was some of the worst [!@#$%^&*] I've ever seen on AMC. Everything with the reality show producer/spy assassin who killed Gillian was so [!@#$%^&*] stupid.

Also there was the endless crap with Leslie and Dixie's horrible hair, and the fight scene between the two where someone I know used to insist they could hear Leslie farting mid-combat.

And then there was Jesse McCartney's imitation of an Ecstacy high.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived