DAYS: Monday, Sept. 24

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

another awful unwatchable show. what is going on? I just don't remember another world falling apart near the end like this. i kept channel hopping between days (yawn), all my children (the little bits i saw were not the AMC from the '70's -80's), and Bold and the Beautiful.....what's happened to these shows? with that said...days was just he worst. i just can't watch anymore hearing that it's going to get better at some point...we've all been fed this crap for years....YEARS....today, i've decided my time is more valuable than this....i guess there are many other non-viewers who i have joined today.

• Members

FINALLY this week is here. I haven't hated this feud storyline as much as some people, and in fact have enjoyed a lot of it but I have to say now that it appears we are coming down the homestretch I am ready for them to just wrap this up.

Some random thoughts...

I will be so glad when this show doesn't have the word, vendetta, appear in scripts at least 30 times a week. Because at this point whenever I hear them say it for some reason I wind up singing that "Umbrella" song to myself except it's Vendetta-etta-etta-ay-ay-ay and I don't even really like that song so yeah... I'm definitely ready for this to be over. Especially knowing that the Vendetta-etta-etta-ay-ay-ay "isn't important at the end of the day" to Hogan Sheffer so I just have to roll my eyes when I see him put words in Sami's mouth as if it's the most important thing in the world.

I'll also be glad with this storyline being over if it means no longer having to see Sami on the verge of tears at all times. Do you think if we banded together and sent some Johnson & Johnson No More Tears baby shampoo to the studio they would get the hint? Sami is a fierce beeyotch, not a crying basketcase. I don't care if she is a bajillion months pregnant and living her life in constant fear of herself or her loved ones being killed and tormented over her feelings for a man who isn't her husband, crying jag Sami is not what Sami fans want to see. (Of course Sami haters don't want to see her at all, but I would imagine if they do have to see her they would rather see her not crying all the time also - folks, feel free to correct me on this if this is an inaccurate assumption)

The Max-Chelsea convo was interesting. I like the Max-Chelsea friend chemistry (and it's so nice to see anyone on this show interact just as friends since those relationships just aren't hardly explored at all any more these days) but this Stephanie-Max storyline is just annoying for me. NOT because of the incest but because of the way that the show has completely forgotten what a douche Max was to Stephanie as played by Shayna Rose. I mean, I didn't even like her Stephanie, but for the continuity of the stories it's just obnoxious they gave Chelsea the dialogue "First there was Mimi" not only forgetting the Steph history but Max's with Chelsea too. Ugh. And Max is such a player and Stephanie is so fickle she just comes across as a slutty insecure pathetic doormat with her feelings toward Jeremy and Max in constant flux. I think Shelley Hennig is doing the best she can with the material, but writers are doing her character no favors IMO.

Oh poor Steve getting stabbed. It's good to see the Johnsons all together getting through it though.

Loved the Abe-Bo stuff and especially Peter Reckell's face after hanging up the phone with Abe. That was just brilliant. And yay for Andre being back! LOL at "Don't be greedy" during his scene with Sami. But wtf with the grenade? Does he just carry those around with him just in case? And another non-fatal explosion? Said it before, I'll say it again. HS must have the attention span of a gnat. But I do have to admit that when Bo opened the door and all the smoke came out that was the coolest and most realistic explosion I've seen on "Days" during this entire storyline. So thanks, Ed Scott! The nighttime looks beautiful too!

OMB is such a wimp. This storyline has really made me hate the character of Shawn Brady and trashed it beyond repair as far as I'm concerned. He just really really sucks for being so selfish and such a coward in keeping the secret. I hope he dies before this storyline is through. And dang they sure reopened the Pub pretty quickly after its explosion and Andre trashing the place didn't they? How many days are supposed to have elapsed since Stefano's funeral? Which I thought was the same day the explosion at the Pub happened? Hasn't it only been one day?

• Members

AS had some good scenes today. I loved those closeups of her when she was talking to her Grandpa Shawn. You could really feel her desperation and her frustration with his refusal to say anything. Andre showing up at the Pub was a surprise as I never thought he'd be crazy enough to show up at the Pub again. I loved his proposal for Sami. You'd think it would be an easy choice for her considering Lucas is the man of her dreams...unless, of course, Sami hasn't been completely honest with herself.

Bo really does have the luck of the Irish to find that portfolio in the warehouse.

I love Chelsea's smart mouth, but she really is butting into things that don't concern her. She should probably leave Max alone and try to figure out her own messed up love life.

• Members

You know, I'm not trying to talk you out of what you feel about the show. You feel how you feel and all that. That having been said, it truly floors me to read statements like this. What's so bad about the show? I started watching Days again last May after several years away and I was stunned by how bad the show was. The dialogue was laughable and totally unrealistic, no one seemed to be motivated by any sort emotion beyond pettiness or selfishness, people wandered around talking to themsleves in order to explain their motivations because they certainly wouldn't be understandable otherwise, people had the same conversations day after day after day after day with never any forward progress and nearly every episode ended in some kind of fake cliffhanger (ie, "Don't try to lie to me. I've figured out the truth!" -- cut to the next day... "You're planning a surprise party for me, aren't you?"). It was very nearly unwatchable. I think if I hadn't heard a new writer was coming in I wouldn't have been able to stick with it.

There are certainly flaws now, especially in hitting all the emotional beats and having satisfying resolutions to all the story arcs, but the writing is, to me, objectively better now than it was a year ago. There are good character-driven scenes, conversations that real people would have, the dialogue is markedly better. To me, there's simply no comparison, so I just get stumped when people say the show is unwatchable now, as opposed to then.

• Members

Wow... I really expected to turn on this episode and be dumb-founded at how bad it was after reading this. But I have to respectfully disagree. And lord knows there are plenty of episodes I've thought were not good in the last month... but between the explosion, the WONDERFUL scenes between Frank Parker and Ali Sweeney (when did I ever think I would say those words?), and the Johnsons FINALLY banding together without ignoring the awful ways Steph has lied to them, I really thought it kicked the week off great. No, it isn't perfect... I would have preferred SOMEthing different in the EJ/Lucas scenes than what we've seen before. (Is it so difficult for Lucas to man up and put his hatred aside for ten seconds, knowing how much it will mean to Sami?!) But overall, great way to begin the week.

As for Another World (my all-time favorite soap) not falling apart at the end? two words: Jordan Stark. 'Nuff said.

• Members

I agree with you. There are times when the show has been lots worse. My main frustration right now is with the newer characters taking up a lot of screen time with mediocre-to-bad story; other than that, I'm pretty happy with the show overall. Sure there are plotholes and some character mis-steps and the writing needs some improvement, but I'll take this show any day over what we were getting a year or so ago. We've had some great episodes in the last month, some of the best in years.

• Members

I had bad reception in the early part of the episode. Did Chelsea list herself in Max's list of women? I thought the conversation between these two was nice. Easy going chemistry. Loved Chelsea's interruption with the blond girl in the beginning. That said, it was probably almost twice as long as it needed to be. And I guess it would have been nice for Max to note that he was pretty concerned about his brother at this point and did not want have a conversation about his love life.

Sami, EJ and Lucas. All this day did was make me sooooooo glad that we hopefully will not have these retread conversations. I don't normally fast forward, but the scenes between these 3 would be it if they continued on like this. I would think that Sami would sick EJ on Stefano or dig around the Dimera mansion to find something out about Roman - not out putting out fliers.

Knowing spoilers detracted from the Sami and Grandpa Shawn conversation as much - my loss. Also, I am really looking forward to seeing Sami scenes where she is not in some panic, confusion or hysteria. I like Alison Sweeney and Sami, but, Santeen letter stuff aside, I have been having a bit of a one note feeling from her lately.

The two emotional beats of today that I enjoyed today actually revolved around Stephanie - color me surprised. The moment when Steve was on the couch today, he had a sheen of tears in his eyes and was asking her about the harboring a fugitive comment from Abe - when she states she doesn't want another lecture and Steve kind of tries to stroke her arm and says he just wants her to trust him. I really felt that moment. And then again when Kayla was telling Stephanie how from the moment she was born she felt she had a beautiful soul. Shelley Henning did a great job showing the subtle emotions playing across her face during that scene. I think Shelley does a much better job when she is in scenes with Stephen and Mary Beth.

Poor Bo - you could feel his frustration and anxiousness today. I thought the explosion was well done also. But seriously, EJ and Lucas were such the wimps for not trying to take down Andre when he was running after them with the gun. Or did he have both and Bo's gun? It seems like none of the younger generation are really able to take on those dangerous situations yet.

• Members

Great show today!

Max and Chelsea did have a great scene today, and I enjoyed their interaction.

The scenes involving the Johnsons were well done. The acting was good. SH, MBE, and SN all did very well. The scene that really got to me was the one between Steph and Steve on the couch.

The Pub looked real nice today as did the hall outside of the Johnson's suite. It reminded me of the lighthing the show had during the mid 90s.

Enjoyed Bo today. Thank god for Ed Scott or today's bomb would have been a real dud under Wyman.

Ali Sweeny and Frank Parker did very well today also. Loved that last scene between AS and TP. Thaao is doing a excellent job as Andre!

• Members

GO ED SCOTT! THAT EXPLOSION WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!

No it wasn't along the lines of some of the things GH has done (I'm sorry, but no one can out explode Guza & JFP)....but for DAYS, it was a good explosion.

It was nice to see it actually happen, instead of an explosion sound, a angle cut, and shaking the camera!! Kudos. I was expecting a bad episode today, but I'm glad I stuck with it thus far, and am really enjoying myself.

• Members

I think Days is like Day and Night better, however the Santeen storyline has really overstayed it's welcome in my view, made me loathe Sami, EJ and Lucas and tune them out totally. So for me, I just let my mind drift, read, look at the TV Guide or anything whenever they are on. I could care less about any of it.

I loved Stephanie, Kayla, Steve and Abe in their scenes today. The only thing that irritated me about it was that Steve hadn't bled through his jacket or blood showed on his pants where it would have go with that wound and so Kayla and Steph didn't know how badly he was wounded until she opened his jacket. That wasn't good but the rest was.

Chelsea irritated the heck out of me meddling into Max's personal life uninvited. Reminded me of the Abby that I loathed who had no life of her own but trying to run everyone else's.

Archived