DAYS: Thursday

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

"For over 20 years, I thought I was the reason you came after me and my family when I brought down your drug organization......" - or something like that. When Roman said that, I immediately said Mike Cohen wrote today's script....and I was right. If there's a historical reference, the best bet would be on Mike writing the script.

The Kate vs Anna dialoge was really good too.

• Members

Yay for the Salem Spectator printout and again the use of quick flashbacks to set up the story. I feel like the show's plots are getting order and proper pacing again and I like this. The directors and producers FINALLY understand how to build drama not just from episode to episode but from act to act and scene to scene. It feels like a real soap again.

Please bring on the Tony/Anna/Roman/Kate quad! This has the potential for so much deliciousness. Each corner of the square has good chemistry with all the other parts and even though I want Tony and Anna and Kate and Roman together in the end, I'm thrilled with Romanna/Tote detours if it leads to Kate-Anna Dynasty-style catfights and Roman and Tony getting a chance to play some Brady-vs-DiMera angst out in a way that doesn't involve stabbings or non-fatal bombs or faked deaths or old love letters.

Loved the EJ and Sami scenes. The wheeling away to sit against the wall and the joke about the broken glass still in his hair were cute even as the show yet again playfully dances around that elephant in the room and says I don't want to think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow despite promises weeks ago from that producer who was fired that it be dealt with in "a fundamental way." It was funny that Sami didn't seem to think her dad's plot to catch Andre would work any more than EJ did. The EJ and Sami watching Santo and Colleen in bed voyeurism was kind of unintentionally funny, although I do think they played it just right with Sami looking so horrified while EJ just sat there with a big smile on his face, plus it was nice to have the break from people just sitting around and reading Colleen-Santo letters to tell the story. The use of "Easter 1916" by Yeats in this story is both baffling and intriguing to me. Is this soap really getting SOOOO deep they are trying to draw parallels between the martyred patriots who died in the Dublin post office during the infancy of Ireland's eventually successful bid for independence from Britain leading to the birth of the "terrible beauty" that was a free Ireland to Colleen's death perhaps leading to Sami's eventual independence from the expectations of the Brady family and the birth of the "terrible beauty" of an EJ and Sami romance? Probably not. I bet they just thought it sounded cool. But you know I paid a lot of money for that Irish lit class I took when I was studying abroad in Dublin so I'll be damned if I don't use a thing or too I learned then to overanalyze this soap. It's not like I have a chance to use that sort of information in my real life.

Roman Thomas? Pfft. Sorry Tom Horton. But Sami's boy is so going to wind up EJ's and going to have Santo for a first or middle name. Although if the girl winds up Lucas's maybe this means she'll get to be Alice, which I would dig.

Is it just me or did JT distort his voice a little bit when he had his monologue talking over Stefano talking in the coffin to try to sound more like Wayne Northrup? OK it was just me, but that scene was just funny because as much as I appreciate them trying to incorporate some real history with what they've manufactured for this storyline I couldn't help thinking that 20 years ago JT was Chris Kosichek so why would he think the feud was about him all this time? But LOL at Andre's flowers AND Roman being too stupid to see the card without Hope finding it. And while I appreciate the drama of drunk Kate being left in the bar to be terrorized by rattling doorknob of mystery, if they think Andre is after her isn't that even MORE reason to have her go with them to the funeral so the lure of Stefano's funeral AND her brings Andre out?

What the hell was Belle crying about? And why did Shawn fly into Tulsa with his kid when he has no job and no money only to fly back right away after having dropped off said kid with fiance and her ex-husband only to torture me with the fact that my first Hope scene in what seems like forever is me being stuck reminded that this loser is her son with Bo? Ugh. I also wish they did more to show Bope and Shawn's hostility toward Kate when they are all in the pub together because I don't think they've ever addressed the way that Kate put Shelle and Claire and Bo in danger by helping Phillip and EJ track them down in Tinda Lao, let alone what Kate did for causing so many of Shawn and Belle and Phillip's problems in the first place with her keeping the Claire paternity a secret. Isn't this bitch EVER going to get any comeuppance? I mean more than a lame insult from Shawn that allows her to throw it back in his face that he's a bartender. Oh I forgot, it's Kate. She can blackmail her granddaughter's boyfriend and daughter's ex-lover into being her accomplice into getting her unborn twin grandchildren nearly aborted just to spite Sami and there's no consequences. Not even when her doing so also screws over EJ and could have resulted in Stefano dying. But she gets away with it all. Because she's Kate. Sure she had to sleep with Stefano and everyone knows it so that brings her down a per or two... but she still GOT PAID. That's not comeuppance. That's a business transaction.

A few other things I have to address.

-I'm curious to see what they do with Kate and Tony's made up history.

-I'm not surprised they are ignoring Kate and Andre's history when they had that sexy tango and limo tryst a few years back, although I kind of wish they hadn't.

-Anna is being a hypocrite by trashing Kate's past as having been one of Stefano's hookers when didn't she come to the show as having been one of Stefano's hookers? That doesn't stop me from loving Anna to pieces, mind you, I just have to point this out.

• Members

I watched about 15 minutes of the show, so consistency issues don't bother me because a. I don't watch regularly and b. I only watched 15 minutes. I got to say the rattling door scared me, I was scared for Kate even though I still despise her.

I als liked the preview with an anxious Hope, Marlena. I definitely might watch tomorrow.

• Members

Let me say first off that after today, I am firmly on the Philip/Belle bandwagon. Belle clearly has a deep seated resentment of Shawn (although why she doesn't resent Philip is beyond my understanding) and is missing the pampered lifestyle she grew up enjoying. I don't think she will ever be happy in the blue collar environment that Shawn lives in and seems satisfied with. Hope told Shawn that "things" don't matter; well, to Belle they do. And that's fine, if that's what will make her happy then she needs to leave Shawn and get back together with Philip. They do have good chemistry and a more natural feel to their scenes. When Belle and Shawn are on together, I tense up and feel stressed because that's how their relationship comes across. I'm glad Philip came to his senses and realizes his behavior at the shelter was wrong, but I don't trust that he won't revert back to psycho behavior next time he's thwarted.

I loved Anna and Kate together! They sized each other up immediately and the claws came out big time. That was fun!

I am enthralled by the music they are using in the Santo/Colleen scenes--and also occasionally with Sami and EJ. It's so beautiful and haunting. I liked how the letter reading scenes were handled and having Sami/EJ appear to be looking in on Santo and Colleen was a nice touch. There's a lot of desperation building in these scenes now, which is great because it means the end is near. Enough buildup--let's get to the climax of this story.

Nice nod to history with Roman's monologue at Stefano's casket. The flowers and note are very creepy and that, combined with the final scene of Kate at the Pub and someone trying to get in, gave me some of the same feelings I had during the SSK story--dread, fear, anxiety and yet I can't wait to see what happens next!

• Administrator

I like it too. I think it's a flute.

Don't know if that was the decision of the breakdown writer or the director (Kathy Foster) but whoever's decision is it was, I liked it. I also liked when EJ walked across the screen, Kathy used him as a wipe to the next scene. That is soooo Y&R-ish. I loved it. LOL

• Members

Really liked the Kate and Anna scenes; just like I thought I would. Days is every so slowly becoming a sophisticated and adult drama. Never thought that would happen! Also enjoyed the Kate and Shawn scenes; I could see Brandon Beemer's Shawn throwing Kate on the floor and having his way with her; and Kate enjoying every second of it!

• Members

The first thing I thought when it showed Shawn and Claire in Tulsa was "how did he pay for that airplane ticket?" And the first thing I thought when Kate sat down at the bar and Shawn handed her a martini was "he should throw that drink in her face for what Kate has put Shawn and his family through." However, things like that don't seem to bother the writers! I did wonder if we were getting some foreshadowing when Kate said something about her and Philip always getting what they deserved and Shawn said "I hope so".

Just remembered--my favorite, favorite scene today was when Bo walked up behind Hope and just bent down and pressed his face against hers. So sweet, so natural and loving.

• Members

My favorite part of the show was Kate vs. Anna. I have been waiting for these two to cross paths, in a *not-so-friendly* context. I also enjoyed Phelle...truly. I would be weird if my fiance was in a bridal suite with her ex-husband as well, but Shawn's jealousy & need to feel "bigger and badder than Phillip" is getting frustrating for me to watch. I dated an Aries that was the same way... In any case, this was my first fav episode since like August. I can definitely feel some changes, production-wise anyway ;)

Archived