Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So impressed with Nishioka. Glad to see Japan represented so well.

I didn't see the Venus match. Wow. That's a surprising scoreline given how bandaged up she was in the Jankovic match. She is really producing some vintage Venus tennis.

This Keys/Osaka match is absolutely dire, though. The crowd is dead. I was hoping we'd get the drama of their U.S. Open match last summer.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Many of yesterday's matches were a joy to watch!  A few players prevailing over ailments by adapting and changing up their usual gameplans surprising everybody and producing some joyous (and surprisingly efficient) tennis.

Singles and doubles produced some compelling matches and in the case of doubles, some intriguing, not always expected results.

The only dud match that I saw was the Keys-Osaka match, which was especially disappointing since the last time they played it was a 'barn-burner'. Osaka is compelling and has a winsome personality but her body language and her play were truly lackluster last night.

Pete Sampras proved that you don't have to be super-hyped to overcome a challenging opponent and scrap out a win but Osaka has to learn to never let her opponents see a lack of resolve.

Osaka is still a teenager but I expect her to find a way past this apparent block.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Today is gonna be a Whopper of a day. All WTA matches as well as Fed, Rafa and Djoker.  Lots of snow outside so I can't think of a better day to be inside 😊

As for Osaka, I mentioned several pages back that I have little faith in her. The match was a complete embarrassment.  I don't see her doing much. Tennis needs a female Phenom and she could be it.  American and Japanese works in her favor but she's fragile and I don't see that changing!  

• Members

Glad to see her win and beat Ping Pong! 

I was hoping Sasha would win but it looks like Nick is going to win. I just can't with Nick and his game and attitude on court. Never cared for his game.

Lawd...the first point hasn't even finished and Jim Courier is already pimping Steve Johnson. What a great year he is having. Where? Was it when he was losing in that reject tournament at love to a qualifier?...LMAO....And I see his coach is Craig Boyton....Isner's old coach who did nothing for his game.  The coaches of the players are also rejects....LOL. Courier and the like settle for mediocre performances by the Americans...no wonder they don't amount to nothing.