ALL: Most-recast roles in soap history

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kelly Kruger and Rachel Kimsey were the other Macs on Y&R and Ryan Brown and Scott Seymour also played Billy in addition to a few child actors who played the role briefly.

With the latest recast,Colleen has now been played by 3 actresses as well as child actors.There have also been 3 Ashleys.

Flame In The Wind aka A Time for Us had 4 Lindas in its 2 yr run(including Jane Eliot)

Also,on The Doctors there were 6 Gretas,4 MJs and 10 Mike Powers,all adult actors, so in this sense is the most recast role.

• Members

ATWT

Frannie Hughes - 9

Kelly Campbell

Maura Gilligan

Tracy O'Niel

Helen Udy

Teri VandenBosch

Jullianne Moore

Mary Kane

Mary Ellen Stuart

Christopher Hughes - 7

Adam Hirschan

Evan Ross Cannata

Chris Siefert

Ben Jorgenson

Paul Korver

Alan White

Bailey Chase

• Members

I was thinking many actresses had played the role of Frannie Hughes on ATWT.

Here are a few more that I seem to remember being recast quite a few times

Dawn Winthrop Ashton- The illegitimate daughter of Monica Quartermaine on GH. I think that Sharon Case(Sharon on Y&R) even played the role at one point. The character was married to Ned Ashton before he married Lois and Jenny Eckert.

Ashely Abbott - The Young and the Restless. Eileen Davidson, Brenda Epperson, Shari Shattuck and it seems like I am leaving someone out.

Tina Lord Roberts- One Life to Live- Andrea Evans, Krista Tesreau, Karen Witter, and I am sure a few others along the way.

Heather Webber- General Hospital- Robin Mattson played the role at one time

Brooke English- All My Children-It was not always Julia Barr playing the role, even though she is the one that found fame in it.

Jack Deveraux- Days of Our Lives- James Acheson, Matthew Ashford, Mark Valley, Steve Wilder

Edward Quatermaine- General Hospital-John Ingle(played the role twice), Jed Allan and I cannot remember the original's name to save my life.

Amanda Cory- Another World- She went from being blonde, to brunette, to a red head, back to blonde.

Alexandra Spaulding- Guiding Light- Beverlee McKinsey, Marj Dusay, Joan Collins, Marj Dusay again.

Alan Spaulding-Guiding Light- Chris Berneau, Daniel Pilon, Ron Raines and Dennis Parlato

Clay Alden- Loving- Randy Mantooth, Dennis Parlato, James Horan

Mindy Lewis- Guiding Light- Kimberly Sims, Krista Tesreau, Barbara Crampton, another actress who I remember was horrid but cannot remember her name

Margo Hughes- As the World Turns- Margaret Colin originated the role, then Hillary B. Smith(Nora, OLTL) played the role, followed by Ellen Dolan who left and Glynnis O'Conner took her place and then Ellen Dolan returned to the role.

Paul Ryan- As The World Turns- Danny Pintauro( from Who's the boss), Andrew Kaviot, Roger Howarth, CB Barnes, Scott Holroyd, Damon Scheller, and Eldin Ratliss have all played the role.

Brian Bodine- All My Children- Matt Borlenghi, Brian L. Green, Gregory Gordon

Lily Montgomery- All My Children- Leven Rambin, Portia Reiners,Mischa Barton, Michelle Trachtenberg,Shayna Levine,

• Members

Nicole Catalanatto was the first infant Amanda credited.Dana Klaboe played Amanda Cory as a child for 5 years then Sandra Ferguson came on in 87 as teenage Amanda followed by Christine Tucci and Laura Moss before Ferguson returned to the role.

Kelli Maroney and Marsha Clark both played Tina briefly on OLTL.

Heather on GH was also played by Georganne LaPiere(Cher's sister) and Mary O'Brien.

Elissa Leeds was the first Brooke on AMC and Harriet Hall took over for a while when Julia Barr left in the early 80's.

David Lewis was the first Edward on GH and Les Tremayne filled in a few times.

The other Mindy was Ann Hamilton.

Victoria on Y&R-Ashley Nicole Millan was on for several years before Heather Tom was cast as teenage Victoria,When she left the first time Sarah Aldrich took over.Tom returned and left again with Amelia Heinle now playing the part.

• Members

LOL... I agree dawn and here was another role that was cast over and over again. I know Lindsay Lohan played the role of Ali Fowler at one point and so did Alicia Leigh Willis from GH.

It also seems each time the recasted Amanda, they also recasted a new Sam Fowler. I remember Robert Kelker-Kelly starting out in the role, Brian L. Greene playing it towards the end of the characters run and Thomas Gibson also playing the role.

• Members

Actually.all the different Sams played against Sandra Ferguson's Amanda.

From 87-93 Sam was played by

Robert Kelker Kelly 87-90

Thomas Gibson May June 90

Danny Markel 90-91

Brian L Greene 91-93

Why Greene was cast was a mystery.All the other actors were dark haired and had a similar look.Perhaps it was a taste of things to come with the various Amandas.

• Members

If I'm not mistaken there was at least one other person (a child) cast as Belle. In fact, the last child actress before Kirsten Storms played a young Belle while Storms was in the role.

And counting child actors, Abby Devareaux had a number of recasts.

Archived