OLTL Discussion: Week of July 16th

• Members

I feel that Valentini needs to take responsibility and needs to step up to the plate. He has been either a silent man or not supportive enough of the history of the show or supportive enough of using the whole cast, since the same few pets are overexposed while actors like ES, HBS, RSW and others languish with little airtime and no story. The fact that Viki still has no story is not making me want to support OL or watch, because that has been going on far too long. I too hate Dorian with Clint, the whole history is shoved out the window, which makes them a dead on the spot couple to me, never mind the fact that Viki got used, abused and shoved aside to prop them, no thanks Ron or Frank. The show is a little better when I do watch, but how many days non stop has Miles, Marty, Cole, John been on? They are core family and characters? Since when? Until I see real core families and characters like Viki (who has had no story or a love interest for many years now), Nora, Bo, even David, RJ, bring back Kevin, until I see a real shift, forget it. Frank needs to put up now, otherwise he needs to go since all of this crappy stuff is happening under his watch still.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll voice my own unpopular opinion and say I don't understand why people want John with their favorite. He acts bored and annoyed ALL the time. In fact, I suspect ME is not acting at all. I hate the way John acts like Nat is lucky to get a scrape of attention from him. Screw you John McBain!

Jess and Nash are one of the few bright spots when it comes to couples.

I like Paige too. She's ok with Bo. Lindsey comes across as way too hot for Bo, so if there is a triangle I hope Nora wins quickly. I think they need more men in this age range if they are going to have so many woman. Do they really think we want to see these older woman having to fight each other for a man, while the guy sits back and takes his pick? No thanks.

• Members

Nash and Jessica are the horribly pitiful psycho of couples on ONE LIFE. Brandon Buddy(Cole) is not horrible, he's really grown into a fairly good actor. I'm so sick of Ghost Spencer (I thought we were rid of Spencer Truman when he was murdered, I guess not. I hope Miles is Spencer's murderer so they can write this horrible psycho off. I wish Alexandra Neil(Paige) wasn't axed, I really like her. I wish Larry was still around because Paige would've been a great match for Larry IMHO. Maybe Alexandra can go to AMC and play the much-needed Liza Colby.

• Members

Well much of yesterday was just painful to watch because it was so badly written.

The four way phone conversation between Britney, Heather, Amber, and Aimee was just pathetic. Cole shouted nearly every line he had. The Miles/Hunter Todd search was boring. And so far this month we have seen Marty on every single day. She leads the episode counts so far this month, btw.

The only bright spots were the Bo/Lindsay/Paige scenes and some of the Starr/Langston conversation. And leave it up to OLTL and ABC to be sure to plug Mama Disney's new movie Ratatouille.

And is it just me, or did they just start leaving the ABC logo in the bottom right corner of the screen throughout the entire soap? Or has it always been like that? Yesterday was really the first time I'd noticed it, but then again...the show was so boring that my eyes were wondering around.

• Members

I don't know why people want their favorite paired with John. I don't think he has had chemistry with any character as of yet. Like you, I believe Jess and Nash are one of the few bright spots when it comes to couples. I truly enjoy them.

They do need more men of that generation. I think Randy Mantooth (i think that is how you spell it) would have been a very fine addition to the show as a businessman or anything but Tate's father. He's a fine actor and, as a result, would hold up well with characters like Viki and Dorian.

I'm very disappointed the show has made a mess of Miles.

• Members

I wish Michael Easton would do something wild and out of character like ACT every once in awhile. I'm actually not a John hater. I find him attractive, until he starts talking and doing that bored/annoyed routine. There have been a few times when he's showed a hint of interest in Marty, but with Nat he acts like he's doing her a favor by gracing her with his presence. :angry:

He was a keeper, even as Tate's father. They should have just let him come forward to save Adrianna. Trying to save your son is a redeemable offense, if you do the right thing in the end, I think. He would have been perfect for Vikki, Dorian or Nora.

• Members

I liked him with Blair too. I'm a long time TnBer, but I'm just so sick of the angst, I'd just as soon see her hook up with someone else. At least Blair and John are somewhat equals in age and star status. If she didn't have to play an idiot to his hero, it might work. Also, every character, including my favorites should be limited to about 60 percent of the total shows per month.

I'm not a big fan of the character of John because he has just been so dominant on the show for so long. I didn't like the way Natalie was diminished because of him. It's the same reason I'm happy both Jessica and Antonio are getting new love interests. I think under the right circumstances, John could be a better character. ME is a good actor. Maybe with stronger writer and less airtime, he'd be tolerable.

• Members

Kirk is a keeper and he could be brought back! He would be so much fun with either Viki, Dorian or Nora. Actually, I'd like Kirk and Nora. It'd be an interesting story if Bo and Nora staged his death. It would also spare me another triangle.

• Members

I think ME has been "Burtoning out" for awhile now. I honestly think he's on the show because they offered him a truck load of money to stay, but he's lost interest and would rather be doing something else. I might be completely wrong. I don't have any inside info, but I get that very strong impression from watching him.

• Members

I totally loved the stuff with Viki, Clint, Sarah, Rex and Cris today. I'm really liking this Sarah and can't wait to see more of her with her family. Would love to see more of Viki and Clint, alone once the three of them leave.

Actually nothing about today's show wanted to make me scream. I thought it was a good show all the way around.

Archived