New Gay Couple Alert!

• Members

I see SO many banners for Luke/Noah on ATWT that I've sorta started drifting by there when it's on looking for them and I like what I see, just wanted to put out there that "Hollyoaks" future gay couple are starting to show up bigger in story lately, John-Paul "JP" McQueen and Craig Dean's friendship has gotten stronger last week and from what I've seen via YouTube clips (just run a search for the two of them by name...you can find thier "first meeting" and some well done "The Story So Far" clips that feature not seen in The US yet scenes of them that will probably make you wish we'd double up episodes to get to these faster! There are also quite a few "promo" scenes from the show on the site that feature thier first kiss. All my little "'s are around the keywords to search as well as the characters names...didn't want people thinking I'd gone mad! :)

There is also a really sweet scene you can find under "gay sandwich"! LOL!

Anyways back to "Hollyoaks" John-Paul is a high school student who is from a fatherless all-girl family (he has five sisters he lives with as well as his mom), Craig is a year older and failed his exams so is stuck in school one more year. Craig's brother ran down a classmates mom and killed her and was found not-guilty by a court of law in the crime so the classmate (Sonny Valentine) is making his life miserable, thankfully a fast friendship with John-Paul is making his life less so. Both JP and Sonny tried out in a DJ competition at The Loft (a local nightclub) and after Sonny was caught using a mix CD he was disqualified and JP got the slot so now both boys are on his nasty to-do list...

Great stuff nightly at 9:30 Central on BBA with a replay of the prior days episode at 9:00, so jump in this Monday and you get a full hour to check out! Think the boys were on the episode on Friday that replays Monday night, they were in so much story last week that they should show up this week! Just wanted to put this out there for fans of Luke/Noah!

Kade

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any news on the ratings? The show is moving to 4:30pm ET starting in a couple of weeks apparently because not that many are watching. I would recommend writing in to BBC America and letting them know you want the show to stay on the air.

I've watched the JP/Craig stuff online before and loved it. I wish American daytime soaps could tell a story like this.

• Members

Yeah even having spoiled myself via YouTube re: Craig/John-Paul I'm still psyched to check the story in full on BBCAmerica!

I haven't a clue what the ratings are but I'm with you on the contacting BBCA and letting them know you are a fan (there is a contact link at the website), I'm also (see my other Hollyoaks thread) contacting all the major magazines that cover TV and soaps and trying to get them to at least mention the show, let them know there's a cult thing happening, may include like The Advocate, Out, Genre, Instinct, etc. since the gay storyline is starting to heat up, get as many fans into it so that if BBCA pulls it there will be a slight outcry and maybe they'll think twice or another net will try it out.

The move to the afternoons scares me but it's not pulled yet so I hope that maybe things will work out. If not I can see the show fitting on a number of other networks, with SoapNet's obsessive young demo search this would work there as a companion to thier afternoon 90210, OTH, The OC block actually AND it's actually a five day a week soap! I could see it on The N as well or ABC Family...

I agree that the Craig/John-Paul story is something I'd love to see in daytime! Not sure how far Luke/Noah will go but seeing all the sig banners for it here since I joined SON has gotten me checking it out! :)

Kade

Archived