GL: Reva's Inside the Light

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was left wondering "what the hell was I was watching".

This whole storyline is the definition of ridiculous, and Jeffrey O'Neil is the worst character created in Guiding Light history. Yes people, moreso than Eden August and Ava Paralta. It's crazy that he's still on the show.

• Members

The scenes with Reva and Lizzie looked like something out of an amateur college soap opera. And I should know.

What the hell are the people at GL doing? Did they pay the Ramada Inn like $50 dollars to shoot there? Did they even have to PAY to shoot the scenes there?!

I can respect GL's lack of sets. But it's a whole other ballgame when the crew is using a cheap motel outside of Brooklyn and a single shot camera to do all their scenes.

Shame on them!

• Members

I'm already into this episode and this is BEYOND ridiculous.

Any pinhead knows that a surigcal incision or a needle being poked into someone HOURS after getting a tattoo is deadly business. Or maybe I'm the pinhead, who knows.

This is just so ridiculous. Couldn't they have come up with something else for Reva/Lizzie/Jonathan to do?!

I really find this ridiculous and insulting.

• Members

OMG! That is exactly what my friend said. He called was like Ellen's using her own camera...in her own home office and rented a room at the Motel 6!

I just can't get over Reva's girls in that red dress!

• Members

I couldn't believe the camera angle they showed with Reva, wearing that red dress, pouring drinks at that table. I think that was the most revealing moment for her "boys".

LOL my curiousity was piqued when Reva was making small talk with that Adam guy. Hhhm Reva trying to rob the cradle a bit?

• Members

who cares if it was an 8mm camara? Anyways, youtube is a product of webcams and is watched by hundreds millions each day. I think GL has become the 'damn if you do, damn if you don't soap' . They are doing something different and are playing around their budget. give them a break!

• Members

I really don't like the "home video" look. :blink: And I totally admit it's completely superficial.

The whole storyline is lame, really! TPTB are really banking on this Jonathan return, aren't they? I don't really get why Reva and Lizzie are so buddy buddy now. Wasn't Lizzie partly responsible for her niece's death? <_<

And don't get me started on Reva's booby dress. If I never see her wear that again, it'll be too soon.

• Members

I was one of GL's biggest champions last year! Don't talk to me about giving GL a break.

I was voicing an observation.

And I don't call that "playing around with the budget." I call it more less not using any of their budget.

I have respect for GL and their ability to put a quality product on the air, but most of the scenes that were shot that day were so amateur. And not that amateur soap opera is a bad thing(pointing to avatar), but not when you're on network television. Sorry. Better luck next time.

They should have at LEAST used the film look on some of this stuff.

Archived